Chapter Twenty-two 🌊

The water feels warm against my bare chest. Vulcan's arms hold onto me as we stay in place. My body trembles as his fingers trace against my skin. His hands will occasionally brush against my scales.

His naked body pressed against mine. Black scampers are scattered across his muscular body. My tail shifted away when he was creasing it. Instead, my legs are wrapped around his waist. We glide through the water. Our eyes stare into one another's, and we do not lose contact.

We have found ourselves yet again in the large pool. Vulcan suggested that I should relax before meeting with his mother. She is going to begin my lessons today. I will admit that despite being nervous I am excited. I would like to learn my role as Vulcan's mate to help him lead the clan. He has been leading the clan for years with his mother. Although, his mother mentioned that her abilities of the female leader have weakened. She believes it is because the title was no longer rightfully hers.

"My treasure, you are supposed to be relaxing in the water. I do not want you to stress over your training," said Vulcan.

I sigh as I feel our skin brushes against one another. "I know that I should not worry, but I can't help it".

Vulcan chuckles as he moves us through the water. My head rests on his shoulder as I observe his mate mark. The mark is elegant and simple. I love that it shows others that he is my mate. While humans understand the supernatural society, the sluts choose to ignore it. Well maybe I should call them the super sluts like Zaraya. She came up with that name when we were in high school. We used it to address the girls that were slutty towards supernatural boys, and did not care if they were mated.

"You should not worry about your lessons. Mother will make sure they are easy to understand," he reassured me.

I smile at how sweet Vulcan is. It is during moments like these that I am thankful to the Gods. They blessed me with a mate that is perfect for me.

"I am aware of that, but I want to do well on my lessons. I feel bad that I am not able to help you," I tell him.

Vulcan places a kiss on my forehead, which makes me melt against him. "You already help me more than you know. Mother will make the lessons easy to understand. She was new to clan life when she mated with my father," he said.

I raise an eyebrow in surprise, which makes him chuckle. As we continue to swim through the water I think about it. It is rather odd to learn that mother did not grow up in a clan.

"You can ask mother about her past. She is rather open about it, and you might be able to relate," said Vulcan.

"Yes I think I will ask mother about it later," I said.

Vulcan and I enjoy our time together in the pool. We exit to take a quick shower together. Once we are done we get dressed in our closet. I decided to wear a simple outfit. A red off shoulder shirt, white jean skirt, and silver sandals. While, Vulcan wears a white shirt, black jeans and sneakers. After we get dressed I hold onto his hand as we exit our bedroom.

"During your lesson with mother I should be in my office. There are emails, and paperwork regarding the clan," he said.

I hum as we walk down the large hallway. For the past several days I have taken a lot of Vulcan's time. He has not been able to focus on work or the clan. Yes, he has been checking in with his people. However, I am aware that he has more responsibilities. I do love spending time with him, yet I feel guilty.

I have been so lost in my thoughts that I did not notice we stopped walking. My eyes look around and I see that we are in front of mother's room. Oh wow. I dod not realize that I was so lost in my thoughts. It takes us quite some time to reach her bedroom from ours. Vulcan leans down and places a kiss on my lips. I melt into his warm embrace. Before I know it he pulls away from me. I probably have a pout on my face or something because he chuckles.