Chapter Five 🐉

I swing the black towel around my neck after I dry off my body and slip on underwear. I walk out of my bathroom and into my walk in closet. Only half of the closet is filled because I intend for the other half to be my mates.

I decide to dress more casual and grab a blue t-shirt and black jeans. I slip those on and then put on my black leather jacket and combat boots. Once I finish getting dressed I spray on some cologne. I am glad that I finally have a night off to relax and have some fun.

My bedroom door swings open and slams against the wall. I sigh as I feel my brothers presence as they walk into my room. Qullian really has to learn how to knock one of these days.

I turn around to face them and Qullian gives me that "What did I do" look. I shake my head and walk towards them and out of the door. I hear their footsteps as they follow behind me.

"We are going to The Lair tonight, right!" I ask as I walk down the dimly lit hallway.

"Yes Vul. Bronx told us that he thought of some new items for the menu," said Aeric.

"Shit I cannot wait to eat Bronx's food. The dude can really cook a meal," said Qullian.

I chuckle at him as we turn a sharp corners that leads to the terrace. "Did you only agree to come with us tonight for the food?"

Qullian shakes his head, "No dear brother. I want to wind down with you and maybe find myself a female for the night".

Aeric blinks as he opens the doors to the terrace. "Was Stacy from accounting not enough to fill your hunger for the day?"

"You act as if a mere woman could satisfy my hunger," said Qullian.

The cool air and wind hit my face as I step out onto the large terrace. The sky is dark, only the moon and stars light up the dark Forrest that is deep within the mountains. My brothers follow me out into the night.

I call my magic forward and will my wings to appear. A sweet pain swirls across my black as my wings begin to grow. I sigh when I feel they have grown and flap my large wings, which lifts me from the wooden floor.

I turn my gaze to see that Aeric's red wings have appeared while Qullian's toxic green wings are out in the open. They fly into the sky to join me. We could drive to The Lair, but where would the fun be in that! It is much more fun to race to our destination for the evening. It is also quicker because Qullian cannot stand the evening traffic.

"How about we race to The Lair? Loser buys drinks for the winner," said Qullian.

I grin as my brother because he is always in the mood for a good fight or race. However, he never learns his lesson because he will loose.

"Alright, a race sounds good and if can replace the training we are not doing," I said.

"Sounds good to me because I can kick your asses," said Aeric.

We all line up in the air and I roar lowly to signal the staff of the race. We are quick to take off and fly through the forest. We fly past the taller trees with ease because we know our home well. The rush of flying fast and high in the sky never becomes tiring. It still holds the same excitement as it did my first shift.

Once we get into the city we split up and take different routes. I can feel that Aeric is to the East of me while Qullian is flying in the West. I make sure that my cloaking spell is secure and pick up speed. Yes we are known to humans but that does not mean we like for them to know of us. I suppose that we have remained one of the ore secret species after coming out to humans. Dragons by nature are secretive and territorial.