Chapter Ten 🐉

We stopped in the midst of a large crowd. In the center was a male panther that was yelling at a female. The petite woman trembled in fear as she looked up at the much larger male. I can tell the woman is not human, but I am not sure what species she is.

They are not mates, but it appears that they know one another. It angers me to see that a male is harassing a female. Females are meant to be treasured even if they are not a males mate.

Just as I was about to inform Avalon to stay put, Avalon releases her hold on my hand. Her body moves forward as if she is on autopilot.

"Vulcan let me take care of this situation," said Avalon as she walks toward the female.

I chuckle as I place my hands in the front pockets of my jeans. It appears that my mate has a fight in her, which she will need in the future. I know she is still upset that I did not allow her to handle the pathetic lion when we met. I suppose I will let her have her way, and only step in if necessary.

"Very well Avalon. I will be here waiting for you," I said.

Mother and Ember are staring at me. The look in their eye questions my sanity in terms of my mates safety. I drug my shoulders because I am sure that she would not get into a fight she could not win.

Avalon reaches the frightened woman, who jumps when Avalon places her hand on the woman's shoulder. Avalon gives her a gentle smile, which the woman returns.

Avalon begins to speak to the woman in a language I cannot understand. It is not any forgiven language or any ancient language I am familiar with. The woman understands Avalon, and begins to speak with her.

The male panther hisses lowly as she glares at my mate. My feet remain in place despite the anger that seethes through my body. How dare a pathetic kitten threaten what is mine.

"Why the fuck are you near what is mine. Mind your own fucking business," roared the lion.

"Um big bro are you sure you should not get involved in this?" asks Ember with worry in her voice.

It is nice to know that my sister is concerned over my mates well being. "She is capable of taking care of herself. Unfortunately, I will not always be there to protect her," I said.

Ember sighs as she turns over to over mother, "Mama do you agree with him?"

Mama smiles at Ember in hopes to reassure her. "Yes I do, and this is a good opportunity for Vulcan to test Avalon. I was put in danger when your father was not there to protect me. He made sure I was trained, so that I could take care of myself," said mother.

As much as I would like to place Avalon in the protection of my bedroom that will not happen. She will have to leave my protection to go on with her day. Also. I am sure that she would fight me if I even tried to wrap her up in a protective bubble. Honestly, I am glad to now have a total submissive mate. Life may get a little boring, and I can already tell she will keep me on my toes.

Avalon tilts her head to the side while placing a hand on her hip. She glares at the male while holding onto the woman with her other hand.

"Your theatrics in the middle of the street made it my business. How dare you treat her so poorly," says Avalon.

"I can do whatever the fuck I want with the useless bitch. She came into my ownership with my brother and his mate passed away," said the male.

Avalon sighs and then turns her attention back to the female. They begin to speak their common language. I will have to ask her later what they are speaking. Avalon tilts her head in my direction before wrapping her arms around the woman's waist.