Chapter Twelve 🐉

A soft audible thud echo throughout my office as my pen hits my wooden desk. My eyes scan over the progress report on my computer screen, one of the many I have read today. I have spent the day trapped in my office building. There were numerous meetings and video calls I had to attend today, and that all quieted down about two hours ago. That being said paperwork quickly took over.

I feel rather on edge about not seeing Avalon for the past two days, and I miss my little mate. We have talked via text messages throughout the day, and over the phone at night when I return home. She has been telling me about what she has been doing with her family, and it seems that her parents are enjoying their visit.

I would like to meet her parents over lunch or dinner before they meet my family. Mother has been pestering me about inviting Avalon and her family for dinner. Also, it does not help that Ember chimed in about wanting to spend time with Waverly.

My door opens and I do not bother to look up from my screen. My fingers dance across the keyboard as Aeric walks through my office. When he is standing in front of my desk I look up.

"Hello brother, what brings you into my office?" I ask as I lean back in my chair.

"It has gotten rather late, and I am returning to the den now. I wanted to see if you will be joining me," said Aeric.

I look at my screen and notice that it is past eight in the evening. I did not realize it was so late due to focusing on my work. I suppose that I should retire for the evening, and observe training.

"Let me shut off my computer and grab my things," I said.

Aeric nods,"No worries take your time".

Aeric sits down in the chair across from my desk. He puts his hand in his pocket, and takes out his cell phone. I save the document I was working on, and then exit it. After I exit everything on my computer I shut it off. I grab the documents on my desk, and place them in a drawer, which I lock.

Once everything is put away I grab my cell phone, and then stand up from my chair. Aeric is staring at his phone and swiping his fingers. He does not notice I am ready, and I am sure that he is playing that game he and Qullian are obsessed with. I still do not understand why they love that game so much.

"Aeric you can play your game at the den since I am ready to leave," I said.

Aeric curses under his breathe, and looks up at me. "Good timing since i just lost this level," he said.

I chuckle at him as he gets up from his seat. We walk out of my office, and head toward the elevators. Aeric presses the button and we wait for the elevator to arrive. A few minutes later the elevator arrives and we step inside. The ride down is uneventful and we listen to the upbeat music.

I step into the drivers seat of my car, and Aeric gets into the passengers seat. Tonight would be a good night to fly, but I will do that after we return to the den. Once our seatbelts are on my foot hits the accelerator. I drive through the empty garage and in no tone we are on the street. The city lights illuminates the dark sky. People are walking on the street and others are exiting offices.

"How are things going with your mate, brother?" asks Aeric.

"Thugs are going well with Avalon. I would like to visit her soon, and meet her parents," I said.

Aeric nods as he looks out the window. I focus on the road since pedestrians like to jump out of nowhere. He hums softly and taps his fingers on the console.

"Why do you not visit her tomorrow? Qullian and I can oversee your duties for an evening," he said after several minutes of silence.

I hum as I ponder over the possibility. I trust my brothers to keep the clan safe while I am gone. They have handled matters for the den, while I was away on business or to meet with other clan leaders. I should be able to have dinner with Avalon and her family, and make it home before morning training.