Witch or vampire?

"Stand there and look into my eyes

And tell me that all we had were lies.

Show me that to you it don't count

And I'll stand here if you prefer.

Yes I'll leave you without a word,

Without a word.

And you can tell the world

That you're tired,

But your excuses, they won't work.

'Cause I'll know that you're lying.

Every time that I see your face

I notice all the suffering.

Just turn to my embrace,

I won't let you come to nothing."

Without a word, by Birdy

When I woke up the next morning, my eyes were still red from all the crying. They had given me a light tranquilizer, otherwise I wouldn't have slept at all.

The x-ray and the ultrasound yesterday had revealed that everything was fine. The baby had still hidden its gender, but my head was okay and I was allowed to leave the hospital.

Leaving... Whereto?

Well, first of all, I would go to the Salvatore mansion – Elena would pick me up later.

Last night I had seen the doubt on her face if I would ever manage to convince Damon.

I would meet the other witch today. She would notice immediately that I was different and I could only hope that she could keep a secret. Maybe she would be willing to join a secrecy spell?

After a while, there was a knock on my door and I sat up.

„Come in," I replied.

The door opened and Elena walked in. „Good morning, how are you today?" she greeted me.

„A lot better, thanks," I said.

„I brought your bags. Damon had them."

I was delighted to be able to change clothes and rummaged through the travel bag.

„Thanks a lot, that's great. I'll get dressed," I replied and carried all necessary pieces to the bathroom.

When I reappeared, I saw Elena sitting on the bed, reading in Damon's journal. She was completely wrapped up in it and jumped when she noticed me.

„I'm sorry, I... I just wanted to read that entry again," she said quietly.

„You didn't realize back then how much you've hurt him, didn't you?" I replied as quietly.

She shook her head. „I just hope he'll be able to forgive me one day," she murmured and put the diary back into the bag.

„Are you ready to go?" she asked.

„Yes, I think so," I replied and we left.

Dr. Fell had finished her ward round early this morning and had already instructed me on how to ensure my recovery. I signed all papers at the reception and we walked outside.

The town was covered with snow and the sun bathed everything in a bright glitter.

„Wow, I can't remember that much snow from twenty years ago," I mused overwhelmed.