Chapter 13

Jennie yawned when she woke up. Did she even sleep? Jennie was haunted by the kiss in the best way possible. The way Lisa was able to keep up with her during that kiss. She threw her a couple curveballs and Lisa caught them all. The way Lisa groped her ass. Jennie shook her head and had to take a deep breath to calm herself down.

I will not think about Lisa.

She couldn't. She didn't want to allow herself. She couldn't believe she made out with a student and Jennie cried while she showered this morning. She knew it was going to happen and cried harder at that. Everything she had worked so hard for, the walls she built up, the distance she failed to put between her and Lisa. It all came crashing down on her, the second she let their lips touch. She wasn't going to pull away though. Who in their right mind would? Jennie knew she lost herself in that kiss and she scolded herself.

How did she let this happen? She should've pulled away but she couldn't bring herself to do it. She's been attracted to Lisa since the second she saw her on the Sports Wall. Principal Yang Hyuk had told her all about the star basketball player and she heard talk about the halls about her extra appendage. Jennie was immediately intrigued. She knew she shouldn't have been.

What was so special about this girl? There were many things but Jennie wasn't ready to admit that. She buried her head under the steaming hot water. She wished this shower would wash off the guilt and the kiss she had last night, but it didn't.

She didn't think anything would wash away the kiss she had yesterday. It was so hot, deep and intimate that Jennie wanted more. She found herself wanting more but she told herself no.

I will not think about Lisa.

Jennie got out of the shower and hoped that she could listen to her brain.

Jennie took slow steps up to the entrance of the hospital. She thought it would be easy by now, it never would be.

It wouldn't ever get easy and Jennie felt her heart tug. She wanted to talk to Lisa. She  always made her feel better but she shouldn't confide in a student like that, but she found that she already did.

Jisoo called her on the way to the hospital and Jennie finally agreed to go out with her tonight. She needed to. She needed to stop thinking about Lisa and the kiss. She didn't know how she was going to face her on Monday but she wanted to. She wanted to see the girl again and Jennie shook her head.

I will not think about Lisa.

Jisoo wanted to try a new bar tonight. They've always seen it when they drove by but they have never gone into it and Jennie was excited. She was willing to do anything that would help get her mind off Lisa.

Her dad was sleeping when she went into his room, but that didn't stop her from coming in. He would usually wake up halfway through her visit and they would smile and chat.

Jennie's smile was wiped off of her face today. She didn't find that there was anything to smile about. Her dad was dying and she just kissed a student. A popular student. It wasn't that she didn't trust Lisa, but she knew that a player didn't just change overnight and she scolded herself for giving into her.

It was a joint effort though. She found herself completely drawn to the girl. There was nothing and no one she could blame but herself. She completely blamed herself but she also blamed Lisa for steadily ruining her life.

What was she thinking?

"Hi, daddy." Jennie murmured when she saw his eyes open.

"Hey, baby girl." Jiyoung whispered. Jennie was already up and getting him a glass of water.