Chapter 8: Fact VS Fiction

((WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SCENES THAT MAY BE UPSETTING TO SOME READERS. TOPICS SUCH AS RACISM AND ASSAULT ARE PRESENT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.))

((Not big on putting warnings but I felt it necessary, well, my friend told me that I should. I assumed that the fact that the story takes place on an island with many different people that readers would just know that there are bound to be some bad ones. I'd rather not have to put warnings in future chapters but if it makes it easier to you guys then I will because I truly don't want to change how I write my story, you know? Anyways, yes, some things that I will write about in this story will be pretty upsetting but I don't think it's too far out of the realm of possibility for a story like this. You isolate a bunch of random people, you get whatever baggage and issues they have. So again, let me know if you want warnings in future chapters and I'll do it if it means my stories continue to be written how I want without having to censor or delete parts. I sincerely hope you all enjoy it though.))

🦕~💠~🦖

You know when you have a risky plan and you're confident with it while you're planning it out? Then you actually put the plan in motion and the closer you get to the risky part, the more you start thinking that you're an idiot for attempting it and your plan is the most idiotic thing to ever be thought up? Yeah, I was feeling the full effects of the second part.

"So... what do you say about dropping me off back at the Twin Suns? Just forgetting about this whole thing? Yeah?" I shouted up to Nick where he sat on top of Eddie, his pteranodon. I was being held in his talons, my arms and legs tied up. It was extremely nerve wracking seeing the ground move under me and I knew that it would be so easy for Eddie to just let me fall to my death. I was half hoping for such an accident.

"Not after all the work we did to get this far. Besides, considering how close we are, Fred already knows someone's coming up. We're screwed." Nick was grumpy but had agreed to help me with my plan. I didn't know why since there was nothing in it for him but I appreciated it. At the same time though, I did hate him for going through with it.

Craning my neck around a bit, I saw a towering stone wall that seemed to be built into the island's tallest mountain. I could see people standing at the top with what I could only assume were guns. As we got closer I was able to see that I was right. Those guarding all seemed to have their guns fixed on us. Just when I thought I couldn't feel any more helpless than I already did.

"Here we go. I probably won't be able to talk to you much when we get inside so good luck. It's going to be hell." Nick called out one more time before we flew over one of the huge walls.

Buildings scattered the wide open area. They were all identical and uniform looking, the only thing that differed was their sizes. While the Twin Suns had a welcoming and rustic charm to it, this looked almost like a prison. Even from our distance, I could see a large amount of people marching.

Nick flew us towards the center and made Eddie drop me from a couple feet. The ground I hit was hard and warm. Really warm. That was maybe the most surprising thing at the moment.

"Go get Friedrich. I finally found something that I think he'll like." Nick's voice had dropped a bit and his tone lost all friendliness. It was such an abrupt change that I couldn't help but gape my mouth at him for a second. He had landed Eddie near me and when he got off him, he even seemed to stand taller.

"It better be good. The man's not pleased with you, deserter." A rough looking man that had come up to us gave me a quick glance before smirking at Nick. The gun strapped to his back didn't escape my gaze and neither did the brand on his bare chest. Just like Nick's.