anniversary ✰ hero fiennes tiffin

Requested by BethanyFellows

The morning air made me shiver as I placed my foot on the carpeted floor in Hero and I's shared bedroom. I turned off the aircon and opened the windows, while Hero remand sound asleep. I made my way downstairs to the kitchen and began making some breakfast for Hero and I. Today was our 1 year anniversary and I was really excited. I had planned a little date at the restaurant, around the corner from our apartment, that we went to on our first date. I had just finished making breakfast when I heard Hero's footsteps echo through the hallway.

"Good morning love," Hero said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me.

"Morning baby," I replied.

I handed him the plate and we sat at the table.

Later that afternoon

It was now 5 pm and Hero and I were on our way to the restaurant. Hero grabbed my hand and placed a swift kiss on it. 

"What was that for?" I asked with a giggle.

"I love you," He replied back with a cheeky grin.

We had arrived at the small fancy restaurant and Hero opened the door for me. We made our way over to the counter and they then showed us the way to our table. 

"This looks oddly familiar," Hero said, his accent mesmerising me.

"Yes, it does," I said with a laugh. Hero joined my laugh and then we picked up our menus and began deciding on what we want to eat. We had ordered and began chatting about Hero's career, our last year together and our families.

"So, dessert?" Hero asked while I picked up my glass of water

"Hero, bub, we only just got dinner," I laughed out while putting my glass of water down, without taking a sip.

"You know, it would have been really funny if you had taken a drink when I said that."

"No, it would've been embarrassing. Water would have been everywhere," I replied back. Hero and I both let out laughs, we received a look from an older couple who gave us a small welcoming smile and we both smiled back.

"They must be reminiscing," I said while admiring the obvious love for each other.

I felt Hero's eyes glued to me as I looked back at him.

"That will be us one day," He said while looking me in the eyes.

I smiled and he pulled out a small box. 

"Y/N, I truly love you so much. I'm not proposing just yet but I got you this promise ring. To promise that I will always love you and that one day I will definitely propose."

A tear slid down my cheek as Hero opened the small box and placed the beautiful ring on my ring finger and smiled at me.

"This is beautiful, I love you," I said while lifting my hand up to get a good view of the ring.

"I love you too gorgeous."