stupid games ✰ crush

I hear the familiar sound of my alarm ringing through my ear. I look to my right to see my lovely boyfriend, Carlos, laying beside me. His eyes are slowly fluttering open and his eyelashes mock the wings of a butterfly.
"Good morning bub," He says with a raspy tone, that I love hearing in the morning. He rolls over to lay practically on top of me, as if to tell me not to leave the bed.
"Good morning sleepyhead," I let out a small giggle at the childish act. "You do know that we leave to go to the cabin today!" I shout excitedly.
"Ahh!" He shrieks. "That scared me!" He yelled back.
"Stop being a such a sloth and let's get going. We have to meet c/n and Marla in an hour," I say.
"Oh alright but stop calling me sloth or I'll call c/n and tell them that we aren't going," He says with a playful tone.
"Sheesh, I was just joking," I say in defence.

Once we finally get up, Carlos heads to the bathroom to take a shower while I get a quick breakfast ready for us. We sit and enjoy breakfast and then it's my turn for a shower.

The ride to c/n was surprisingly short. We got there and I saw my best friend Vicki and Brady standing at the doorway helping c/n load the car.
"It's a shame that V and Brady aren't coming," I say quietly to Carlos.
"Yeah but hey, this way there's more room in the car," He replies pulling me into a side hug.
"Hey, it's the man C!" c/n shouts and I cringe at his choice in words.
"Hey buddy," Carlos replies.
"Hey Carlos' woman," c/n greets me with a cheeky grin.
"Oh, shut up," I say back playfully.
c/n pulls me into a hug as Carlos goes to take our bags to the car.
c/n hugging me isn't weird it's just been his habit even before Carlos and I got together. c/n has always been the "player" type but deep down, I know that he wouldn't even hurt a fly.
"Hey guys," I hear Marla's small voice say.
"Hey Mar," I reply as I pull her in for a hug.
"Hey Marla, I'll take your bag and then we should be good to go," c/n says as he pulls out a hug with Marla.

After loading Marlas bag and saying goodbye to Brady and Vicki, we all jump into the car and begin our travel to the cabins. I sat in the passenger seat to entertain c/n during this long ride because out of Marla and Carlos, I was the most energised.
"You excited?" c/n asks me.
"Of course, I love going to the cabins!" I reply back with a small squeal.
"Baby, please contain your excitement. My eardrums are currently dead from you yelling this morning," Carlos said, before backtracking and realising that what he said wasn't going to be taken in a PG way to Marla and c/n.
"What! Not in that kind of way guys," Carlos nervously corrected himself.
"Ooh, y/n. Do tell!" Mar squealed with a giggle. Followed by c/n loud chuckle at my red face.
"Like Carlos said, not in that way," I answered as I regained confidence and began laughing as well.
We continued to laugh and giggle for a while until we had to pull over at a gas station to get some snacks and fuel.
We pulled over to get some snacks and fuel from the gas station and c/n and I volunteered to get out as Mar and Carlos were kind of stuck between board games and some small bags of unnecessary items we packed.
"Ok, y/n, you get snacks and I'll fuel up. Then, I'll meet you inside to help carry the snacks and pay for the fuel. Sound like a plan?" c/n asks.
"Sounds like a plan," I reply.
I jump out and go to close my door and when I do I see Carlos and Marla laughing and sitting really close to each other.
y/n stop thinking like this, Carlos wouldn't hit on another girl. Especially not Marla, we've all been close since high school but Marla and Carlos did like each other at one stage in grade 7. Who am I kidding, that would never happen. Chill out.
I recompose and continue my way to the door.
After picking out a few snacks, I see c/n walking up to me.
"Marla and Carlos looked kind of close," He whispers.
"It's nothing. They're just friends, like you and I. We giggle together, we sit close. No biggy," I reply, trying not to sound harsh.
c/n has always tried to make sure Carlos didn't make me feel bad. Even though c/n was more close to Carlos and Marla, he still made sure that Carlos didn't make me feel unwanted or upset. And that's the part that made me believe that he was somewhat really caring under his footy player, bad guy facade.
c/n and I paid for the snacks and fuel and walked back to the car.
When we got into the car, Marla and Carlos were dead asleep and Marla was resting on his shoulder.
"It's just a friendly thing y/n," I gently whispered to myself.
"What?" c/n looked at me confused.
"Oh, nothing. Just talking to myself," I answered nervously, covering my nervousness with a giggle.
A/N:
this is intended to have some extra parts but i'm not sure how many i would like to make to finish it. sorry for being so inactive, i just have been so stressed lately. enjoy your reading journeys <3