29- Mirror Me, Mirror You

He waved his arms around and I gasped as I watched everything behind him crack; not the actual things themselves, but everything that was behind him, including the air. It was like watching glass break under pressure.
He went over to me as he pointed to what he had created.

"Whatever you do in the mirror dimension doesn't affect the real world," He explained, "That is where sorcerers can practice their magic without worrying about destroying anything."

"So, what do you want me to do in there?"

"I want you to have a headache."

He started to lightly push me toward it, but I was hesitant.

"Uh, I can't just have a headache. It doesn't work that way."

I couldn't explain as to why, but I suddenly felt anxious. I was afraid of what another headache would do to me. I didn't want to go through that type of pain again and not be able to stop it.

"You can't hurt anything in there. You don't have to worry about blowing the place up if that's what you're concerned about," He said reassuringly, "Let's go through."

He pushed me again, but I still couldn't do it. I began to shake as I shoved him away from me.

"No! No, I can't do it! I don't want to go through that pain again! It's too much!" My voice cracked as I covered my face with my hands, trying my hardest not to break down in tears.

"Alger-"

"No!" I looked at him. "I...you can't make me! We can find another way!"

Though I was yelling at him, he remained calm.

"Your sister said that she saw it working out this way."

"She could be wrong! Aren't people wrong sometimes? Isn't that what makes humans human?"

"Look, this has to happen. We can either be here for hours arguing back and forth, or we can get this over with and you can be back at that high school party. Okay?"

The party. I had completely forgotten where I was before the Doctor took me away from it. Where Peter was. If I didn't listen to the Doctor, then my next headache could accidentally kill Peter or innocent civilians in general. But I wasn't ready to just 'have a headache' as he wanted me to.

"Put me in danger," I insisted.

"Excuse me?"

"I can't just have a headache freewill. I need to be scared into having one."

"Why not try you using your abilities?" He questioned, "That seems like a better option."

"Yeah, I can't do that. I need you to hit me. Twist my arm, or something." I leaned forward as I tapped my left cheek. "Punch me in the face! I can take it."

"What?!" He scoffed at the idea. "I will not do that! That's insane."

"How else will I have one? I use my abilities when I'm in danger, so put me in danger!" I whacked him on the shoulder with my hand. "I just hit you. Attack me!"

He stared at me with a look of confusion as he stepped away. "No. That slap wasn't even threatening to me in any way."

"Then put me in my place!" I pleaded, "Hit me back!"

"What is wrong with you? Let's just go into the mirror dimension and find another way to trigger a headache."

My anxiousness turned into desperation as I realized the Doctor wasn't going to fight me by me begging him to. If I was going to get my abilities back, I had to be put in a situation where I had no choice but to use them.
I went to lunge at him as he turned away from me, but I was stopped as he quickly twisted around and grabbed me by the shoulder while pushing me harshly in the chest with his other hand. I would've still tried to fight back, but I was too shocked by suddenly being able to see the back of my head as my body crumpled to the floor.

It felt as if I was lighter than air. In fact, it felt as if I was made of air. I looked down at my hands and gasped as I could see through them.

"What have you done to me?" I asked, "How can I return to my body?"

I knew that I couldn't be dead because what was happening at the moment didn't occur when I actually did die the last time.

"Alger, look, I've done this so you can calm down-" He stopped as he stared behind me. He raised an eyebrow as he pointed. "Can you see that too, or am I just imagining that?"

I turned around and froze. In the same state as I was in, only a few feet away was a translucent, hovering Ansel that smiled sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ansel? What-?"

"Yeah, yeah, "He said as he laughed under his breath, "I know what you're going to say, 'But...but I killed you! I felt your neck squish in my big meaty hands!' Well, sometimes looks can be deceiving."