24- Just A Friend Of His

All the students left the gymnasium laughing and carrying on with one another while Peter and Ned stayed to themselves near the back.
Oh, how much I wanted to slap that boy. Why would he do that?! After he yelled at me because I wasn't allowed to say that he was Spider-Man, yet, he can go out and tell all of the students that he was?

I hid behind the door and as soon as he had his back turned away, I swiftly grabbed the crook of his arm and yanked him into the closet nearby.
I pulled on the chain and Peter was stunned to see me in the dim lighting.

"Alger?"

"Idiot!" I pushed against his chest.

"Wha-?"

"Friends with Spider-Man?"

"Shh!"

"You're friends with Spider-Man now? Only his friend?"

"Alger, please! Lower your voice."

"What happened to keeping our identities secret, huh?"

"I am keeping it secret!"

"By telling people that you know Spider-Man and will bring him to a party? How will that work?"

"I don't know! I panicked!"

"Why?"

"Cause Liz likes Spider-Man!"

"...Oh."

Now it made sense.

I cleared my throat as I tried to hide my hurt feelings. "But she didn't say that she liked you though."

"...But I am Spider-Man."

"Well, now everyone thinks you're Spider-Man's friend. Not Spider-Man himself."

"How could I be so stupid!"

I nodded in agreement.

"How can I do that?" He continued, "I can't be in two places at once!"

I lightly tapped my foot against the tile as Peter kept throwing some ideas out loud on what he should do. I still sensed nothing.

"I could wear my suit underneath my clothes? Would that work?"

"I'm not helping you."

"Why not?"

"Because this is stupid!"

He groaned as he pushed his palms against his temples. "Think, Peter. Think."

He was willing to do anything for that girl named Liz. Even willing to risk giving away his identity; which was something he specifically told me not to do. What did she have that I didn't obtain?

For one thing, I assumed that she was completely ordinary. No special abilities and probably had parents that were as ordinary as her. That's what Peter liked most about her I supposed.

But, we were friends. He and I have a bond that Liz could never have with him. And I was grateful for that.

"I got it!" He yelled as he broke my train of thought, "I'll just wear the suit underneath my clothes, act like I'm going to go use the bathroom, then climb out the window and come back to the front door as Spider-Man! What do you think?"

"Sure."

"Nice! Can you come with us?"

"Come where?"

"To the party with me and Ned."

"I thought you didn't want anyone to see me?"

"I'll give you some of May's clothes to help you blend in better. Besides, you need to experience a high school party at least once in your life."

"Fine. I'm staying by your side the entire night, though."

"I wouldn't want it any other way." He smiled cheekily as he started to exit from the closet.

Ned stood there waiting for us as everyone else in the hallway was gone.

"Everything good?" He asked.

"Everything's great. Alger's coming to the party with us."

"She is? Awesome! You can try some alcohol!"

Peter glared at Ned as he slapped his arm.

"I mean..... not try some alcohol!"

"She's not going to be doing that."

The school day was over so that meant I didn't necessarily have to hide anymore. Though, I didn't even know if I could even use my abilities to hide anyway.
I walked behind Ned and Peter as they discussed more about what they planned to do at Liz's party on the way to Peter's apartment.

What was so special about a high school party anyway?

Nobody:

Alger Booth: