26- Short Lived Party

Laughter. Joyfulness. Unnecessary loudness. The apparent three key ingredients to a teenage party. I despised all of it. Peter and Ned, however, welcomed the concept with open arms as they looked around in awe and wonder.
I stood behind them tugging down the skirt of the dress as Ned giggled about how amazing the sight was. Students scattered around what I assumed to be throughout the entire house enjoying themselves as I tried to distract myself and keep my face hidden while Peter spoke with Liz. How thankful I was not being able to sense his heart rate quicken at the sight of her, but how uneasy I felt not being able to sense anything like I was used to.
Liz excused herself once we heard something shatter in the distance, and Peter faced me with a smile on his face.

"Isn't this cool?"

I nodded in response, staring at the floor while fidgeting my fingers.

"People must not recognize you as the girl that got into a fight in the cafeteria and then apparently was a social experiment about the treatment to kids of celebrities," Peter continued.

"Or maybe they're too scared to talk to you cause they know you can beat them up!" Ned added.

I nodded again. "Yeah, maybe. Can I go outside to get some fresh air?"

Peter furrowed his eyebrows as Ned continued to gawk at the party. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I just wanna go outside for a minute."

"Um, sure. I think Liz might have a deck outback? I'll catch up with you later, okay?"

I smiled slightly at him and then worked my way through the crowd and found a glass door that led to what I assumed was a wooden deck. Once out, I let out a long sigh, unaware that I was even holding my breath while going through the loud students.
I sat down on a cushy chair alone and hunched over while covering my ears to muffle out the obnoxious music that was starting to blare. I was beginning to feel overwhelmed. Not overwhelmed by the party, but by not being able to do anything that I needed to do. Though, at that moment I didn't need to do anything, but if I had to, I couldn't. What I wanted to do was sit down and be sad about my situation in complete silence, but I knew that wasn't going to happen at Liz's house.
While upset about not being able to truly be upset, I winced and squeezed my head tightly as a searing pain emerged between my eyes. I cursed under my breath and closed my eyes as I tried to keep the outburst contained, but knew I was failing as I started to notice illumination from my eyelids. However, when I opened my eyes, the glow wasn't coming from me at all. There was a golden ring circling around me on the ground that was slowly growing bigger. Before I could even register what was going on, the ring engulfed me whole into a total new location, chair and all.

hello all! here is a short chapter that i wrote while being quarantined at home! hope everyone is doing well!