21- Knight In Shining Super Suit

The entire school shook. Classmates began to cry out as they frantically slid underneath the cafeteria tables and held onto stools while praying that the building wouldn't collapse.

Ned begged Peter to get under the table with him, but Peter felt uneasy. He sensed that something wasn't right. It was as if the earthquake was coming from within the school itself. Then it hit him.

Something was wrong with Alger.

He frantically ran out the cafeteria, ignoring Ned's pleas, and went out into the hall as the shaking became more violent. He tried to keep himself from tripping as the lights flickered then blew above his head.
He stopped for a moment to catch his breath in the dark. He didn't remember the halls being that long. All he heard was screaming as a blue glow illuminated in the distance of the hall around the corner. Peter knew it was her.

He ran toward the blue light as the rumbling worsened. He made it round the corner and saw hell itself.
A wailing Alger with blinding light for skin knelt down on the floor as the lockers started to shake open.

Peter wanted to do something, but he couldn't see anything from the light. All he could do was cover his eyes as he listened to her slam her head against the tile.

Then, it all stopped. He opened his eyes to a knocked out Alger with a large gash on her forehead that was bleeding out on the floor. Her skin was back to normal, but when he bent down to pick her up, he unintentionally jumped back when her skin scorched his hands.
He had to get her out of sight. Nobody could see this. He swung open the door to the empty classroom and thwipped out a web onto her back. He carefully pulled her into the room and quickly wiped up the blood with his sleeve before slamming them both into the room.

She laid crumpled up on the floor. The sight reminded Peter too much of when she died. Of how ghastly she looked when death took over her. How blood caked her face once more after she experienced too much pain anyone should ever go through. It made him tear up.

He sat on his knees beside her in defeat. How desperate he wanted to comfort her, to let her know everything was going to be okay, but there was nothing he could do that would save her.

Then, as if waking up from a nightmare, her eyes shot opened as she gasped for breath.