14- We Don't Believe What's On TV

We all were in shock. We all were confused. And certainly, we all wanted answers.

I accidentally exposed myself. By instinct, I was ready to murder the witnesses then flee.
But this wasn't a mission.

I groaned as I tried to get up from the plastic bricks that were stabbing me in the face. For something that was obviously made for a child, it hurt a lot.

"Alger?!" I heard Peter shriek.

I sat hunched over on my knees as I pulled the bricks off my face. I looked up at him.

"Hey," I said sheepishly.

"What was that?" A woman's voice yelled.
Sounded like other people were in Peter's house.

"It's nothing! Nothing." Peter said to them as he bent over and helped me to my feet. He was antsy.

His friend pointed to him. "You're the Spider-Man. From YouTube."

Peter faced him as he pressed the spider symbol on his chest. His suit became loose. "I'm not. I'm not." His suit fell to his ankles.

Peter was in his underwear. Peter was practically naked. I felt my face turn red.

"You were on the ceiling!" His friend pressed on. He turned to me as I still stood in the corner of the room. "And your name isn't Allison?"

"What are you doing in my room?" Peter asked, "What are either of you doing in my room?"

"May let me in," His friend told him, "We were gonna finish the Death Star."

"You can't just bust into my room!" Peter yelled at us.

I sensed footsteps coming toward us and immediately became invisible as a woman with long brunette hair opened the door. She swung around a rag while smoke surrounded her.

"That turkey meatloaf recipe is a disaster," She laughed, "Let's go to dinner. Thai? Ned, you want Thai?"

"Yes." His friend smiled.

"No," Peter said, "He's got a thing."

"A thing to do after," Ned finished.

She smiled. "Okay. Maybe put on some clothes." She pointed to Peter as she closed the door.

I became visible again and they both jumped.

"Who even are you?" Ned asked.

"Alger," I cleared my throat as I glanced to Peter. He was starting to put on clothes. "Alger Booth."

"Now where have I heard that name before?" Ned said to himself. His eyes got wide. "You're that girl from YouTube! You jumped from Stark Tower! You're an assassin! Well, the records that were leaked on the internet say you are, but, you're also an Avenger! How did you get your eyes to change color? From the pictures online your eyes look brown-"

Peter shushed him. "Ned! Keep it down!"

"Oh, May doesn't know?" Ned asked as he motioned to Peter's suit that laid crumpled on the floor.

Peter picked it up and shoved it into a dresser drawer. "Nobody knows. Mr. Stark knows because he made my suit and Alger knows. That's it."

Ned became giddy. "Tony Stark made you that? Are you an Avenger too?"

"Yeah, basically. You can't tell anybody about this. You gotta keep it a secret." Peter told him.

Ned looked confused. "Secret? Why?"

"You know what May's like. If she finds out people try and kill me every night, she won't let me do this. Come on, Ned, please?"

"People have been trying to kill you?" I asked.