Chapter 16

After that incident,

Xiu sat grumpily on the horse. She had been on the horse with him for the past hours. The sun was setting in the horizon and her bottoms were getting sore. Her thoughts were collected, what had transpired earlier finally got through her mind. And she was mad at him for taking advantage of the situation, she turned around to glare at him again.

His mouth widened in a big smile, "Yes?" he said again.

She turned back, "crazy brute..." she muttered under her breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," she spoke in annoyance.

"If you stop with your attitude, I will change my mind"

"Brute" she muttered again.

"See, here you go again. I can hear everything you said Xiu"

She turned and glared at her husband again. The words that come out of his mouth!

"My words are not as rude as yours, I'm just being honest here"

Her eyes almost widened in surprise that he guessed her thoughts right. She quickly swallowed and huffed out her breath. "Tsk..." she clicked her tongue, "I concede Milord, though I don't know to what you want me to concede to"

"Great! Hahahahahahahaha" he suddenly slowed the horse down and pulled the reins, he turned behind and shouted, "We're setting camp everyone!"

"Yes sir! I'll inform Jinzhou Jie" a soldier said and quickly rode past them to inform those ahead of them.

He turned towards her and flashed a big smile.

Xiu glared up at him. Now, what is the man up to?

He jumped down from the horse and held onto its rein. He looked back up at her and flashed another smile then led the horse to the side.

Later that night inside her tent.

Xiu sighed in relief at finally having some peace to herself. She took out her boxes of tea leaves and opened them. She smiled warmly, this, this is the sight of peace.

She gently smelled each tea leaves and separated them according to its boxes. Just a nice, slow and simple life, she nodded to herself, yep this is the life.

He held the small bottle tight in his hand and walked in, he saw his wife at a small table with what looked like tea leaves. He looked to his left, and her maid was looking up at him, she seemed to be in the middle of folding clothes.

He set the bottle on the bed and walked towards his wife, "What are you doing, wife?"

She looked up and then turned back to her tea leaves, her face from a warm smile turned into annoyance, "Tsk..." she clicked her tongue. Now, what does he want with her?

"I asked, what are you doing?" he moved closer, ignored her tsk and bent down to her level.

"Hah...." she sighed, and turned towards him, "Yes?" she feigned with a polite smile.

"I'll be sleeping in here with you tonight and for the rest of the journey"

Her face almost contorted into anger, but with her teas in front of her, she decided to hold herself together. Xue Xiu calm down, remember, gentle, peaceful and easy.

This must be what the man was implying earlier. She sighed again, "Hah...." battles are not won overnight, if she wants long term peace, this one could be the sacrifice, "If you said so, Milord"

He grinned at her and stood up. She turned back to her tea leaves, "...brute..." she whispered under her breath again.

He looked behind his shoulder and smiled. He took off his wrist bracers and set it down.

"Sorry for being late Master Kai!" Bo Chin announced and quickly scuttled in carrying a stand. He set the stand next to his master and helped take the armour off from him. He then carefully set the armour on the stand.

"Anything else Master?" Bo Chin asked.

"No, that's it, you may leave"

Bo Chin nodded and left.

"Ahem" he cleared his throat, "and you as well uh..Ai"

"Ai Chun Milord," the girl said politely.

"Yes, you, Ai Chun, you may leave as well"

She nodded her head, closed the chest and almost ran out of the tent.

Xiu ignored everything that had transpired in the tent and focused on her precious little time with her teas.

He turned towards his wife, "and you wife, tis time to go to sleep" she ignored him.

"I said tis time to sleep, wife," he said and walked towards her.

She silently glared at the man, looked down at her tea leaves then sighed, "Hah....of course Milord" and started putting the lids back on the boxes. This is all for her future. Hold it in Xiu.

She gently stacked the boxes on top of each other carefully and stood up gracefully.

He scooped her up from out of nowhere, "Kyaaaa!!!!!! Let me down!" she yelled in protest.

"No," he said and moved towards the bed.

"I said let me go!!!" She struggled. Really! What is wrong with him!

He sat her down on the bed and looked at her, "No" he said again.

She opened her mouth to protest, but he quickly rotated her until her back was facing him. Now what is the man up to?

Right when she finished her thought, he pulled down her dress collar again, she quickly turned her head back, "Wha-" and met his finger pushing at her cheek.

"Relax, I'm not going to do anything to you" he said while poking her cheek, "stop worrying, I'm just going to apply some medicine on your shoulder"

She glared at him for a second and reluctantly turned her head back.

Wu Kai grinned, and thought that his wife is quite cute indeed.

She felt the cool medicine on her shoulder as he applied it, the effect felt quite good that she unconsciously closed her eyes.

Wu Kai gently moved his hand over the bruise, careful not to hurt her. After a few moments, the bruise was slathered with ointments. He smiled and nodded his head with satisfaction.

Xiu opened her eyes and turned to look at her husband.

He grinned and wiped his hand on a cloth, "Yes, wife?"

Xiu never knew that he had this side to him as well. Now that she thought about it...was this the reason why he pulled her collar down earlier in the afternoon?

Xiu turned her body around and bowed towards him, "I thank Milord for thinking about my safety"

"Alright then, let us sleep" he said with a big grin.

What is with that grin?

Before she could guess what he was thinking, her husband reached towards her and pulled her down on top of him!

"What are you doing!" her hands on his chest, pushing against him.

"Nothing?" he said, looking up at her and putting his hand over his wife to keep her from getting up.

She struggled to move from his hold.

He pushed her towards his chest and held her in his arms, "Stop struggling wife, you're going to get the medicine everywhere, just go to sleep"

In heaven's name, Xiu really wanted to clobber the man in the head to stop him. For a few moments, she daydreamed about hitting him then finally stopped struggling and glared up at him.

He flashed her a big grin and laid one of his hands on her head, "Sweet dreams, wife" he said and gently caressed her.

"....brute...." she whispered again and did not realize that her eyelids were closing on her.