Chapter 74

Qiu Jia, the young maid, finishes outlining the General's typical day at the Manor to Xiu as Meiling led in the maid that showed them around the compound.

Xiu waved her hand and Qiu Jia bowed as she stepped away. Meiling and the maid that came with her bowed towards Xiu.

"Go ahead and tell me what has happened these past 3 days. Start from the beginning when the General first arrived here"

Meiling quietly steps back as the maid nods and begins to retell, "Yes, Mistress. Lord Liu arrived here about three days ago late into the night. I remembered that night, we rushed to get something ready for Lord Liu to eat. However, he did not stay long at all as he quickly left the Manor soon after just arriving."

"Do you know where he had left to?"

The maid shook her head, "If I have to determined, I would say most likely to the Barracks of High Command as it is the place that the Lord had always been at whenever he is here at Bianjing"

Xiu nodded That does make sense, he was in a rush to get here for a reason. "What happened afterwards, did the General come back at all to the Manor?"

"No, Mistress. Lord Liu had only instructed us to show our utmost respect and care for you that night when he arrived. He hadn't come back to the Manor until today"

"Then finish telling me what you were about to earlier, regarding the Lieutenant" Xiu said and sips her tea as she tries to piece together all the incidents that had happened during their travel here.

The maid quickly bowed and hesitates before answering, "I was trying to reassure Mistress that L-Lord Liu haven't shown up to greet you must've been because he was occupied with the death of Lieutenant Chang"

Xiu quickly set her tea cup down on the table gracefully as her mind began to work and make sense of everything. Now....How did Lieutenant Chang die? And most important of all, he IS a Lieutenant, someone that has the commands right after her husband, a general....How indeed...

Xiu quickly remembered her husband's hurtful expression and knew that Lieutenant Chang must've been a very dear friend. She did remember her husband mentioned him a couple of times during their travels too.

Someone that her husband could fully trust to leave everything to....and they ended up dying......

"Meiling..." Xiu looked towards Meiling.

Without having to say more, Meiling understood what the young miss was asking of her. She nods her head, "Of course, Mistress" Meiling bowed and quickly leaves.

Xiu stood up and smiled beautifully. "You all may leave, I wish to enjoy some time alone" Xiu waved her hand and dismissed the maids. They all bowed and quickly left.

Xiu puts her hands in her sleeves and scoffs. Indeed, what utmost stupidity Xiu had ever seen. Even if Xiu does not have a full detail of the picture of the ongoing troubles, she could deduce from the little snippets that she had remembered.

Xiu did not have to hear the confessions of Qinyang and her minions to know that they seek the scrolls for the Weapon list and mayhaps even the signed contracts. All those attacks that they've encountered.....Xiu do not think they are coincidences at all.....now she just needs to find the lead. And Xiu had a feeling that, that lead is not far at all.....

______________________________

Barracks of High Command - Military headquarter at Bianjing city

Author's Note:

The next chapter most likely won't be updated until mid September.  As this year, I've taken more workload at my workplace and will be really busy. 

As always, thank you all so much for continuing to read Sweet Tea ❤️❤️❤️

I promise you all that I will work hard to make sure that this story is complete!