Chapter 6

He laid on the bed staring at the ceiling. Her hands felt quite soft. He touched his wrist and stared at it. The light through the window blinded him for a second. Morning? He instantly sat up.

He quickly dressed himself before his attendant came in. He made his way out of the door.

"Master Kai!" his attendant called.

He turned around, "Bo Chin, how many mornings do I need to remind you," he said and walked off.

Bo Chin scratched his head. His master had been acting strange for the past mornings. Where has he gone every morning for the past four days? He had wanted to follow but was scared to. The Mistress had instructed him to keep an eye on the young master too. She wanted him to report to her, especially if the young master acts out of character. And right now.....his master is certainly acting out of character.

________________________________

He stood behind the shrubs looking towards her. He watched her pour water onto the tea trees and a smile slowly radiated out from her face. Such a heavenly sight, he smiled.

He found out about her morning routine by chance on the first morning. He couldn't sleep ever since she took hold of his hand.

Xiu quickly turned to look over her shoulder. Odd ... for the past mornings she felt like someone was watching her. Xiu puts her ladle down slowly, then swiftly runs towards the shrubs.

He instantly pulled himself up onto the tree and deftly jumped up to a higher branch. Phew... she had some sharp instincts, he thought and smiled. He better stop now, or else she's going to catch him in the act.

She looked around the area but saw no one. Someone is definitely watching her.

Whoever it is, they must have a grudge against her, it could be one of the servants that she had their payments cut back. Oh no! Her tea trees, she needs to water them. Xiu gracefully clasped her hands in front of her and walked back elegantly. She had forgotten to act like a lady when trying to catch the culprit. Tis no good.....she needs to be better, Xiu thought to herself.