Chapter 6

(Y/N) Pov

Ruby and I arrived in Vale and were walking to the weapons shop, well I was walking, she was skipping with a smile on her face for having gotten out of class. I chuckled at how innocent she looked causing her to turn around with a blush and start walking normally. 

(Y/N): "Don't mind me just keep skippin to your hearts content little red." She just huffed and looked away with a pout. 

We walked in silence for a while before Ruby decided she wanted to talk.

Ruby: "So what is it exactly that we're going shopping for?" She said quietly not making eye contact, clearly still embarrassed.

(Y/N): "I gotta get a new scope for my sniper, last one got completely fucked when I used it to block an attack." I pondered to myself for a moment. "Maybe I should invest in a shield, or else i'm gonna have to use my helmet as a hammer one day." I said sarcastically.

Ruby: "Can you please not do that." She was still speaking quietly but I could tell something had her genuinely upset. I looked at her questioningly, wondering what I did wrong. "The swearing thing... I-I know you don't have to listen to me but it makes me uncomfortable when people swear so p-please don't." 

I could see tears start to form in her eyes. Without thinking I embraced her in a hug, with both my hands wrapped around her back, even though her head only reached my chest. She accepted by hugging me back and nuzzling her head into my chest. 

Ruby Pov

Mmmm so warm. I let out a sigh of comfort as I hugged (Y/N). 

I don't know what it is about him but everything seems alright when he's holding me

holding me

holding... me

HOLDING ME!!!!

I felt my face turn tomato red as I snapped back to reality and realized what I was doing. 

(Y/N) Pov

This really wasn't the reaction I was expecting from a hug but maybe that's just the way Ruby acts, I haven't known them for long. 

(Y/N): "You wanna let go little red, people are starting to stare." I whispered. She put her hood on, covering her face, before she let go. "I'll try to stop swearing as much, it's a habit from the Atlas military." 

Ruby: "Thank you." 

We continued walking through Vale in mostly silence, Ruby spoke up every once in a while to tell me about points of interest around the city. Just a park, a mall, and a few places the teams like to go out for food. 

Ruby: "Aaaaaand were here!" She said with enthusiasm. It was nice to see her back to her normal self after being quiet for most of this trip. I looked up to the store we arrived at called from dust til dawn. 

Hol' up...

It clearly wasn't the restaurant I had eaten at before but it had the exact same name. Is this legal, is this allowed, is the author writing this at 4 am and doesn't wanna bother coming up with a new name. 

We entered the store a small chime played as we walked in. 

Old guy???: "Mornin' Ruby what're you coming in for today?" He greeted happily. 

Ruby: "Actually it's my friend here who needs to buy something from you." She gestured to you. "This is (Y/N), (Y/N) this is the shop owner you can just call him Boss" You shook his hand to greet him and Ruby excused herself to go look at weapon parts.

Boss: "So what can I do for you."

(Y/N): "I need a high powered sniper scope preferably with thermal and night vision capabilities."