"Annika didi, you are back! We'll go out for dinner, what say?", Saumya told excited.

" Ah... No Sumo! I'm too tired to even eat, let's go some other day", she dismissed looking into her phone.

Everyone's face fell at that instant. It has become hard for them to spend time with her. Either Annika would be busy with work or they would be busy with college and school works.

"Annika di, please.."

"I said NO Sahil, disturb me not, alright!", Annika was losing her patience

"Leave it Sahil! People are so busy these days, we shouldn't disturb them.", Gauri said in a heated tone and proceeded to walk away.

"Watch your tone Gauri!", Annika said finally taking her eyes off her phone.

"You could do that too.. watch your tone first, I'm sorry di", she said as she proceeded to walk away with Saumya and Sahil trailing behind her.

"Hey guys, what's going on?' Shivaay asked as he walked in.

"Jiju...", Their mood instantly lit up. They ran upto him and gave him a squeezing hug.

"Easy guys.. I can't breathe", he could only muffle.

"We missed you so much!", they cried in unison.

"I missed you all too!", He said laughing. This was one crazy lot of people in his life.

Sooner they got engrossed in a conversation, and they never noticed her. Annika frowned. When did he become 'Jiju' from 'Bhaiya', something was definitely wrong. She saw Sahil animatedly narrating something to him sitting on his lap. She felt bad. Maybe she missed out on so much in their lives.

She then decided to freshen up and eat something before she faints.

She reached her room and was surprised to see her dadi setting up the table for her dinner. Annika walked to her.

"What would I do without you, dadi", she said hugging her from behind.

"You would probably sleep without eating and wakeup in the midnight to look for something in the kitchen, end up eating a lot of Icecream and fall ill the next day", she said serving the food in two plates.

"Ahh.. dadi.. that's you complaining", she said pouting.

"That's enough! Go freshen up and come before the food turns cold.", She said strictly.

"Yes boss!", She said as she moved to the shower.

Annika felt better after the shower and a light dinner. Her dadi had made Khichdi, she felt so greatful that her dadi noticed that she didn't eat her breakfast and lunch and made something lighter.

She was now lying on her bed with her head on her dadi's lap and they were talking about random things. They would occasionally comment on the cartoon that was playing on the TV.

"I'm feeling bad that I didn't have breakfast today. I missed the aloo puri made by mom", she said sadly.

"Hmm...I will make her do it tomorrow, she can't say no to her Saas, could she?", Her dadi winked at her.

Annika giggled. " You are such a sweetheart dadi. And, how did you know I didn't have breakfast? I asked Sunaina to not tell anyone.", She asked.

"Who told Sunaina said that to me? Shivaay had called me once you left and said that you didn't eat in the morning also, he asked me to send something light for lunch to your office", she said caressing her head.

"And when that came untouched, I understood you didn't eat anything from morning", she completed.

Annika was surprised. She recalled Daksh inviting her for lunch after he attended a call, and also he texted away something when he was moving out with others for lunch. Annika felt happy knowing that Shivaay cared for her. The promise she made to Mallika to talk to Shivaay also came to her mind.

She sat up quickly, sleep and tiredness long forgotten and looked at dadi, "he did that?" She asked her.

"Yes! He also followed you here, when he saw you not taking the driver. You are going to get an earful for this careless behaviour from your father", Dadi said.

Annika was shocked and got up to talk to him.

"Where are you going?", Dadi asked her.

"To meet Shivaay, ofcourse", she hurried to open the door and move out.

"Anu, listen.. he left long back, he even took Gauri, Sahil and Saumya along with him to Oberoi Mansion. You can meet him tomorrow", Dadi shouted as Annika hurried out.

She stopped in her tracks and frowned, now she had to wait till tomorrow to meet him. She suddenly felt excited for the meet. Something changed and she couldn't put a finger on it. She returned to her room and slumped onto the bed.

"Good night, dadi!", She said as she closed her eyes.

"Good night, Anu!", Dadi said pulling the comforter over her and moved out closing the door behind.

To be continued 🐾

To be continued 🐾

Spread Love 💙