Chap 5: The Fight

Start from the beginning

"Remus! What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything," I say Remus stops. Thinking I hit I nerve I quickly stop too. He stands there a moment before turning on his heel and walking over to me. He puts a hand behind my neck, pulling me closer. He kisses me. I blush and he pulls away.

"Sorry," he says looking down. I put my hand on his arm.

"It's alright Remus. Like you said earlier, it's not your fault who you fall in love with. I just happen to love an evil Slytherin who is probably fighting my best friend," I say and Remus gives a small chuckle. "And you just happen to love an idiot girl who loves an idiot boy that's fighting your best friend," I finish. Remus shakes his head and smiles.

"You're not an idiot girl. You're really smart, so don't say that you aren't," Sirius says as he walks up behind me. I turn around and smile.

"Then why do I love someone who wants to beat the crap out of my best friends?" I ask and Sirius and Remus laugh.

"That's just because you're just a bit odd," Remus says and I give him a small smile.

"I'm going upstairs." I yawn. Sirius takes the jelly bean box from my hands and I grin. "Really Sirius?" Sirius grins back.

"What? You clearly aren't eating them. Besides, they're good," Sirius says and I shake my head smiling.

"Whatever. Take 'em. I'll see ya at dinner boys," I say and turn to go towards the stairs.

~                             ~                             ~                             ~                             ~                             ~                             ~

A month later, Remus and I became a true couple. We're walking up the stairs towards the Gryffindor tower hand-in-hand when we see Severus and Lily talking. "I don't care Lily! I want her back!" Severus says.

"I'm sorry Sev. She's taken, and happily it seems," Lily replies.

"Happily it seems! So you don't really know if she's happy! She could hate her relationship!"  Severus exclaims and Lily shakes her head.

"No Sev. She really is happy. She told me after the first week of dating him," Lily says. "She's glad she doesn't have to worry about her boyfriend beating up her best friends or going off and doing dark arts." Severus looks at Lily surprised.

"She said that?" Severus asks stunned. Lily nods and Severus sighs frustrated. "How can she say that?! I would do anything for that girl!" he exclaims.

"Calm down Sev, please. You're getting worked up," Lily says and he shakes his head.

"Oh shut up, mudblood!" Severus exclaims and Lily gasps. She glares at Severus and so do me and Remus.

"SEVERUS TOBIAS SNAPE!" I exclaim. And Severus turns and stares at me wide-eyed.

"K-K-Kitten!" he stutters in reply while I continue to glare at him.

"How the heck could you say that to Lily?! I trusted you! Lily trusted you! We all trusted you! How could you call her such names!" I yell angrily. Severus gulps. I turn to look at Remus, running a hand through my hair. I take a deep breath.

"I didn't mean it," Severus says. I shake my head.

"If you didn't mean it, you wouldn't have said it." I say, glaring at him. He looks down, away from my heavy gaze. "You never should have told me the spell's you've created." I yelled, "Sectumsempra!" I turned and left wanting to cry, angry and upset.

When I get to the tower I go straight to the dorm room I share with Lily and a couple other girls. I lay down and take a deep breath. "Stupid snake," I mutter and close my eyes. I fall asleep quickly.

In the morning when I wake up still in my school clothes from the day before; there is a letter on my pillow next to me. I grab it and open it. It reads:

I'm sorry Kit. I didn't mean it, really. I was frustrated and I want a second chance. Please give me a second chance. I'll prove I can change. I would do anything for you!

With Love, S.T.S.

I shake my head at the letter. I crumple it and throw it in a trash can. I go to the desk we share and take out parchment, a quill, and ink. I start to reply.

You don't get any second chances. I already gave it anyways. My friends hated you but I tried to look past all your faults. But after you literally beat the crap out of one of my best friends, I couldn't look past it all. I'm sorry Sev; you'll always be my first love though.

Love, Kitten

I send the letter off with a bird. Even though he's still in the school, it's easiest to use owls to send letters or little notes. I sigh and walk back to the common room. It's still early as I had gone to bed early. I move my rocking chair closer to a window and sit in it, watching the sun rise. I fall asleep as I watch it, waiting for a reply at the same time.

When I wake up again it's to a hand touching my shoulder. I whip out my wand and point it at who touched me. "Well good morning to you too Kit," Remus says. I calm down and put my wand away.

"Sorry Hun," I say. He takes my hand and pulls me out of my seat. He wraps me in a hug and I smile and hug him back. He rubs my back lightly.

"How long have you been down here?" he asks. I shrug a little not actually knowing.

"I don't know, since the sun was just barely peaking over the horizon," I reply, Remus nods.

"So, a while?" I nod. "Don't your muscles ache from sitting there asleep?" he worries. I shake my head.

"Not really, no," I answer. He sighs and looks at me lovingly.

~I did a little research on Snape's middle name and instead found his father's name was Tobias so I thought I would put that as Snape's middle name. Since most of the boys in the Harry Potter series have their father's name (or a guy in their family's name) as their middle name, so Tobias would work wouldn't it? Ah well.

On a different note, who would like me to continue until the year is over? (I think I'll do this if y'all don't answer or I don't get many votes for either). Who wants me just to continue on the story line I have and make a second "book"?

Comments are greatly appreciated and wanted! I don't care about votes really, same with fanning but they are welcome. ~