Chapter 16: Why Such Petty Jealousy?

Severus P.O.V.

I can't believe she seriously wants to dress like a slut with cat ears and a tail. She truly is crazy. I shake my head. That will be a sight to see though, a very wonderful one. I chuckle to myself. Kitten looks at me with an eyebrow raised as if to question, 'What is it?' I shake my head. 'Nothing'. She shrugs and went back to listening to Black go on about some quidditch team.

"Black, no offence, we don't really care about the Cuddly Cannons. Or at least I don't," I say. Kitten laughs.

"It's Chudley Cannons, Severus!" She laughs at me some more. I shake my head.

"Whatever! Same thing!" I look away. Black laughs his barkey laugh.

"Obviously Kitty cares!" he exclaims. I huff.

"Not really, Sirius! It's just rude not to listen when your friend is talking," she replies. I smirk. Black's jaw drops.

"How rude Kitty! I see how you are now!" He crosses his arms. She giggles. She pulls away from me and throws her arms around Black.

"At least I was listening!" she says, still giggling. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her up off her feet as he bended backwards. She squealed. I watch, glaring at Black. I never saw that truly playful side to her unless he was around. She wriggled in his arms. "Put me down!" He slowly lowered her to her feet but kept his arms around her.

"If you are done torturing my girlfriend, I would like her back, Black," I say annoyed.

Kitten POV

I giggle at Severus's jealousy. Sirius pushes me to one side, keeping his arm around me. He puts his now-free arm around Severus's slim shoulders. "Eh! Don't be so jealous! I promised I'd share." If looks could kill, Sirius would be dead ten times over. Severus shoves Sirius's hand off his shoulder.

"Thank you, for the comradery but I really don't need it," he hisses out. Sirius puts a hand up as if saying Alright, chill. Severus continues walking down the path towards Hagrid's Hut. I move towards Severus, out of Sirius's one-armed hug.

"Severus!" I exclaim. He continued hurriedly on his path. I glance back at Sirius worriedly. He made a motion with his hands for me to go after him. I turned and ran after Severus. "Sev!" He didn't even glance at me.

When I caught up to him I grabbed his arm gently. "Severus," I whisper desperately. He turned and looked at me, black eyebrows raised.

"What?" he asked coldly. I winced at the ice in his voice. I look into his onyx eyes none-the-less, heart pounding.

"What's wrong, Sweetie?" I ask. He rips his arm from my gentle grasp. The hand still by my side grasped the end of my shirt. For the first time while being with Severus, I was scared he would hit me. I knew there was something I had done wrong, I just wished he'd tell me.

"Why do you care? You're so happy with Black afterall," he spits out. It dawned on me what he thought was going on. He thought I was cheating on him.

"Sirius is like a brother, Sev. You're my boyfriend and now my lover as well. If you think I'm cheating, I'm not. I do love Sirius, but I love you more." He looks me in the eye. He sighs and puts his hand on my cheek. I cover his hand with my own. He drops his hand and its my turn to sigh.

"Tell me something than. Why are you so playful with him and more serious with me?" he asks. I tilt my head as he turned away. I didn't know how to answer his question. There was a moment of him staring at the grass and me watching him before I finally answered.

"I don't know, Severus. It's just how it's always been with him: playful and silly like nothing matters. It's the same with you, we've always just been real serious together," I say. I put my hand on his arm. He brushes his hand of my arm and looks at me.

"Between me and him, who would you choose?" he whispers. I shake my head, not truly able to answer. I take a deep breath.

"Don't make me choose, Severus. Please," I plead quietly. I take his hand and intertwine our fingers. He rests his forehead against mine, his eye closed. He sighs and I can smell the scent of bacon on his breath. I close my eyes.

"Than perhaps I don't want the answer," he whispers. I put my free hand on the back of his neck. I gently kiss the tip of his nose. "Why don't we go find that mutt of yours?" He pulls back. I nod.

Our hands still together, we walk to go find Sirius again. I keep my free hand on his arm, my head leaning against his shoulder. I want him to know I'm him and only his, and that I don't want to lose him. I think he senses that, though. He holds my hand not loose enough that I could slip away easily but not so tight that I'm forced to stay by his side, it's a gentle grip that tells me I'm his and that he's mine.

Severus POV

We soon find Black. He leans his shoulder against a tree flirting with some girls. I despise the way he acts, constantly flirting with girls and hitting on them like he actually wants to go out with them. I can't think of one girl he has not hit on. Nor can I think of one he has actually cared about.

Suddenly the girls looked past him and to us, Kitten and I. They almost glare as we approach. Black turns around noticing the girls glares. He smiles. "Hello there, lovebirds. I see you've kissed and made up," he says. Kitten rolls her eyes.

"Yes we have. Or I wouldn't have found you already," she replies. I smile down at her.

"Ugh! Stop smiling, Snape. It's gross," one of the girls exclaims. I look at the girls as the walk away. Black watches them go, not making any attempt to go after them.

"Well aren't they just sugar," he mutters. He turns to us smiling again. "Who needs them anyways?" He pushes off the tree to stand up straight. Kitten reaches up touching my cheek gently.

"I think your smile is devilishly handsome," she whispers. She smiles at me. Black wolf-whistles

"Who'd have thought my little wolf-girl could find a snake so handsome and be so sensitive?" he says jokingly. I look at him.

"At least I got a girl, Black. You've got jack," I reply teasingly. He huffs.

"How rude! Did you hear how he talks to me Kitty? Make him be nice!" he exclaims. She laughs.

"Siri, you know I can't control him! He plays by Slytherin rules," she says. I kiss the top of her head.

Because I have no other ideas besides the halloween, TIME SKIP!