Chapter 20: Some Much-Needed Making Up

Kitten P.O.V.

Morning came, what felt like, all too quickly and I was glad it's Sunday. I woke to see the sight of Sirius still in his dress, his glamour all worn off. Looking at him was quite a hilarious sight. Well it would be if I could actually think properly instead of having a sleep-muddled brain. I did notice, however, the smeared eyeliner on his dress from my whiskers. I yawned and shook my best friend awake. He slowly opened his eyes and gave me a small glare.

"You awake?" I ask. He nods and sits up.

"I suppose," he replied with a yawn. I smiled. I stood to be pushed back down. I glared at James in front of me.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

"Yeah, by getting out. Nobody wants your sluttiness in here," James answers. I flinched on the inside. It still hurts. Of course it's going to. They were my best friends. I stood up to be pushed down, again.

"You know, if you want me to leave, pushing me back down won't help, right?" I ask. James smirked.

"We also have a few choice words for you," he says. I raise one eyebrow quizzically.

"Oh really? Well spit it out than?" I tempt. I could see the war raging inside him, the temptation to literally spit it out was great. The only reason he probably didn't was for Remus's sake. After all, his heart was crushed. "Well come on! I haven't got all day!"

"You need to stay away from this room. I don't want to catch you in here again. Until you want to apologize for your betrayal of us, I don't even want you in my sights," James says. He moved to the side.

"Now get!" I heard Remus exclaim. I turned to him.

"I just want you to know, I never meant to hurt you. That wasn't my intention when I went to the ball with Sev. I had no idea where it was going to go. All I knew was that I wanted to hang out with him again. I'm sincerely sorry for hurting you, Remus. But I won't apologize for the so called 'betrayal' because I don't think I betrayed you. I didn't even kiss him first, he kissed me. I just hope you understand how much you guys have meant to me, and how much it hurts to not have you guys by my side anymore." Sirius went to grab my hand but I was already heading out of the room. I went to my dorm room. I sat on my bed, pulled the curtain closed, and cried. I sure as hell wasn't going to around the boys.

I barely registered that I had fallen asleep when I woke. It took a few seconds before I realize it. I sit up. I shake my head a little. I blink a couple times before getting out of bed. I get into my trunk and pull out some worn jeans riddled with holes; a long-sleeved, blood red shirt, and some socks and a bra. I lock my trunk and sit on my bed in the empty room. I strip off the gothic boots, my skin-tight leather pants, and my tight half-top. I pull the ears and collar off as well before getting dressed, putting my gothic boots on last. I leave the costume on my bed, tuck my wand into the waistband of my pants, and head downstairs.

I find Sirius, James, and Remus sitting together on the couch by the fireplace. I walk over. I adjust the cushion on my rocking chair before sitting in it. Sirius smiles at me. "'Bout time you got down here. It's nearly noon!" he exclaims. I forced a smile.

"Sorry. Had a lot going through my head," I said quietly. He shrugs.

"Those two are going to do some sneaking into Hogsmead, do you want me to keep you company?" Remus asks, pointing at the troublemakers in question. I look at him and shake my head.

"No, I have to talk to Severus about some things." In my mind, however, I was thinking rather differently. What the hell is going on? There's no frickin' way my little speech upstairs fixed everything. Why the frick does last night have to get in the way.....Of course I want to hang out again! I sigh and stand up. Remus shrugs. I move to walk past when Sirius grabs my hand.

"You okay? You don't seem like yourself today," he asks. I nod once.

"I'm fine. Just....too much fighting going on lately." I sigh again and scratch the back of my head. "I really should go talk to Sev. Some....things happened last night that need to be cleared up." Sirius lets go of my hand.

"Good luck. That's not going to be easy." He smiles. I rustle his hair. "Make sure to let me know if he hurts you. I'll kick his ass for you!" I smile.

"Thank you, Siri, I will of course." I continue on my way out. I navigate the moving staircase to get to the Great Hall to wait for lunch.

I figure if he's not already in the Great Hall studying he'll be in the library. I open one of the huge wooden doors and walk in. I see my favorite, black haired Slytherin at his house table. I walk over and sit next to him. He looked up at me from his textbook. "Morning Kitten," he greets. I lean against him and kiss the side of his jaw.

"I'm sorry about last night, Sev. Really, I am. I hope your cheek is okay," I say, getting straight to the point. He wraps an arm around me.

"It's alright, Love. I promise. I was mad at your mutt and I wasn't completely thinking about what I was saying. I should be the one to apologize," he replied. I smiled.

"You said some mean things, I slapped you; I think we can just call it even. Right?" I suggest. He nods and smiles.

"I agree." I lean my head on his shoulder. I place my hand on his thigh, closing my eyes. Severus's hand rubbed my arm gently. I sit up suddenly. He looks at me. "What is it?" I grin.

"James and Remus have forgiven me! Well, I mean after they said some mean words but I gave this small little speech and they basically forgave me! So now I have my boys back!" I exclaimed before laughing. He smiles.

"That's great!" he exclaimed.

Severus POV

"That's great!" I exclaimed with a forced smile. Great. More people for you to goof off with. I've had enough trouble with Sirius. But, whatever makes you happy, Love...