Chap 4: Is it a Lie? Or the Truth?

~okay! I have a sorta idea. Key word-sorta, oh well, hope ya like! ~

"Yes boys, yes. I'm dating him," I say and roll my eyes as Remus looks upset. "NO! You dunderheads! Of course not!" I start to storm out when I almost fall; Severus had been right behind and caught me by putting his hands on my hips. He snakes his arm around the front of my waist to help me back up. I blush lightly and continue my way out. I almost trip a couple of times but don't fall. I rush to the Great Hall and sit at the end of the Gryffindor house table. Severus looks at me a little worriedly now that he can't help me and walks over to his house table.

Ten minutes later, three stunned boys come in and sit by me seeing as the only seats left were next to me. I sigh and stand up, having lost my appetite. The boys look at me and watch as I leave the Great Hall, finally able to walk without falling. I go outside and sit by a tree. I lean my head back against it when I feel a couple of presences sit on each side. A soft hand touches mine and holds mine. I sigh and look over at Remus; he gives me an apologetic smile and nods his head towards the other side of me. I look over to see Sirius and James.

"I'm sorry Kitori. I shouldn't have started anything," James says. I nod in reply as Sirius opens his mouth than closes it. He does that a couple more times, looking like a fish out of water.

"I'm sorry Kit. I shouldn't have said that. And I didn't mean to upset you. I really am sorry," he says, finally able to form words. I smile and nod again.

"Thanks guys," I say, leaning my head on Remus's shoulder. Remus continues to hold my hand as the four of us sit there. "I'm glad it's Saturday." The boys look at me confused, and I look back equally confused. "What?"

"It's Sunday. You were out all day yesterday," James explains. I nod twice and mouth 'oh'. James nods. I shrug and sit up straight so my head isn't on Remus.

"How 'bout we go upstairs and play chess?" I suggest. The boys brighten up at this suggestion. They start to get up when I say, "Wait!" They stop and look at me. "Why don't we use accio and bring the chess here?" They smile and Remus gets his wand out and says "Accio wizard chess set!"

I go to the doors to catch the chess set when it flies over. When it does, I catch it- barley -and see Severus and smile. "Hey, Severus! Wanna play chess with us?" I ask and he smiles at me a little and nods. He walks over, takes the chess set from my hand, and the two of us walk over to the tree. The boys look at Severus but don't say anything as we sit down and he puts the chess set in the middle of, what has turned out to be, our little circle.

"So who's going first?" Sirius asks. James smiles and replies with "Me and Snape!" Severus looks at James.

"Do not think that you can underestimate me. I will kick your butt and you will regret ever thinking about playing against me," Severus says, smirking. James and Sirius shake their heads.

"Do not underestimate me. I will kick your butt and you will regret playing against me," James states. Me and Remus look at each other and I shrug. James looks at us and asks me "Kit! Who do you think will win?" I look at James and shrug.

"I don't know, I haven't seen Severus play before. If he's anything like you, then we will have a pretty heated competition!" I exclaim. My three Marauder friends laugh and James moves his piece first, being the white team.

"You know, Potter, the person who plays with the black pieces almost always wins," Severus says after he moves a piece. James rolls his eyes.

"Yeah whatever. I'm always the white player, and I always win," James says and Severus smirks, taking his pawn.

"Are you sure your friends aren't letting you win?" Severus asks and James look away from the game board and glares at Severus.

"Why would they ever do that?!" he exclaims. He goes back to the game board when Severus puts his hands up.