Chap 11: Morning After *or* How Many Friends are Left

*note the ** around or. it's not part of the title. I just don't know which I like better. XD*

In the morning I wake up on my bed although I was still in my clothes from the dance. I looked around and Lily was sitting on her bed watching me. She looked like she had been crying. "I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed before I could say anything.  I shook my head. "I shouldn't have said anything!" She gets up and walks over to me. I pull my legs under and she sits next to me. 

"It alright. I kissed Severus. I shouldn't have. It was my fault," I say. I look down at my hands. I took a deep breath before looking up at her.

"Please tell me you don't hate me! What could I do to make you forgive me?" 

"Could  you . . . . could you try and get Remus and them to forgive me? If you can't do that . . . . just . . don't ever leave me!" I say. She nods and rests her head on my shoulder.

"I'll do both." I wrap my arm around her. I rest my head against hers.

"Thank you, Lily," I whisper. She nods and yawns. Suddenly all her weight is on me and I can barely hold her up. She must have fallen asleep. I slowly lay her down on my bed. I walk to my trunk, search through my clothes, grab a Wicked Sisters T- and blue jeans, and get dressed quickly. I rub my eyes and realize my makeup was still on. I summoned a wet wash cloth and wipe down my face. I drop it on my trunk when finished. I head downstairs.

Sitting around the fire were the boys. They were playing exploding snap, well Sirius and James were. Remus sat beside them switching between reading and watching them play. He walked over and sat in my rocking chair. Sirius looked up at me. The other two kept watching/playing. I sighed and rocked in my chair. Sirius went back to playing.

I leaned my head back and turned to look at Alice and Frank who were talking. I smiled at them. They make such a great couple! My mind started to wander and it landed on Severus.

I shouldn't tell him about what happened he'd get mad. But I kind of want to tell him; maybe he'd tell them that it all meant nothing last night. That it was between friends. Sadly, I don't think the boys would listen since it's Severus after all. I just hope Lily can convince them. I turn as I notice Lily walking over. She sits between Sirius and James. I have a feeling that Sirius doesn't care much about me kissing Severus.

"Hey, guys," she says cheerfully. The smile and James puts his arm around her.

"Hello there, love," he says. She smiles.

"Hey, Lily," Sirius and Remus say simultaneously.

"So how are you boys?" she asks.

"Fine now," James says. She kisses his cheek.

"Where you missing me?" He puts his head on the crook of her neck and mutters something. She laughs and pushes him away.

"Well I'm doing fine, thanks for your concern," Remus says. Lily looks at him.

"Don't bite my head off!" she exclaims. He closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I'm sorry, Lily. I'm cranky. I didn't sleep well last night," he replies.

"I bet. I'm sorry. I really shouldn't have said anything last night. I was tired and getting silly and said whatever was on my mind," she says. He shook his head.

"I'm glad you told me. I wouldn't want to find out by catching the two of them off in a boom cupboard making out," he says. I stand up.

"I would not go off and make out with him in a broom cupboard!" I exclaim. Remus and James look up at me.