Chap 5: The Fight

~Haha! New chappie! Haha thought I would do a cute name for chapter. Haha oh well. On a serious note, hope ya like! ^-^ (Sirius- What? Am I on a note? *is confused*) ~

"I'm dating your best friend!" Severus says looking James in the eye, his arm still around me. James has a look of sudden realization. That look of realization quickly turns into one of anger.

"You won't lay a hand on her!" James says. I look down and try to take a step forwards, out of Severus's grasp. But I can't, Severus won't let me move, and he's starting to hurt my arm, still in a sling.

"I already am Potter. I knew you were thick, but I didn't think you were that thick!" Severus says. James starts to walk to Severus but Remus and Sirius stop him. Severus quickly moved his arm from behind me to in front of me, standing partly in front of me.

"Kitori! Step back!" Sirius says as they struggle to keep James from attacking Severus. I nod and take a couple of steps back. Sirius and Remus let go and James goes for Severus in a muggle attack. I jump out of the way as Severus falls to the ground with James on top. I turn away so I can't watch. I hear footsteps approach me, and a hand touches my shoulder.

"Kit, come on. Let's let them work it out and get back to the castle." Remus says, shoving the box of beans in my hands. I must have dropped them when James went to tackle Severus. I nod once and Remus pushes and Sirius pulls me to the castle. As they pull/push me they run, thus making me run.

When we get to the castle I bend over, my hand on my knee and bean box in my right hand, huffing and puffing. "You boys . . . are the . . . devils!" I exclaim between huffs as we stand right outside the doors. The boys, despite being out of breath, chuckle.

"We know!" They reply and I glare at them. "That's why ya love us though!" I smile.

"Yeah, that's why I love you guys," I say, having finally caught my breath. I stand up straight. Remus and Sirius chuckle and I put my arm around Sirius's neck from behind and my other arm-well elbow- is on Remus's back. I grin and suddenly Dumbledore comes from behind us. He clears his throat making us jump. "Headmaster!" I shriek after turning around. She smiles.

"Nice weather isn't it? Why aren't you down at Hogsmead?" Dumbledore asks. I shrug.

"Just don't wanna. Heard a fight was going down so I didn't want to go. The boys are keeping me company," I say, completely lying. I can tell he sees right through it but just walks past smiling. I sigh in relief once he's out of ear shot. "Thank god he didn't say anything," I say and Remus and Sirius grin.

"I would have been dead if he had said something!" Sirius exclaims. "One more time in trouble and I'll get suspended for a week!" I look at Sirius. He and James get in trouble all the time, but Sirius always gets all the blame. I give him a small smile and offer some of my jelly beans, he takes a couple.

"I would take the blame. It's my fault after all," I say. Remus shakes his head; Sirius pops one of the jelly beans he grabbed in his mouth.

"It's not your fault who you fall in love with," Remus states and I nod a little. I look at Remus and he's looking down, almost sad.

"Are you okay Moony?" I ask and Remus nods.

"Stomach just hurts a little," he says.

"Then why don't you go upstairs and lay down?" Sirius suggests eating the second jelly bean. Remus looks up and glares at his best friend. I look between the two confused.

"What am I missing with your guys' silent communication?" I ask and Remus shakes his head.

"It's nothing Kitori," he says. He turns around and walks inside. I follow.