The Aftermath

"Ouch!"

"Ui Maa!"

"Aaaa!"

"Mummy!"

The voices were echoing in every corner of the mansion. Servants were everywhere, giggling silently while pretending to work.

"Ouch! Dad, be gentle, please!" The boy lying on the couch pleaded.

Shrikant press the hot water bag more on Manik's butt.

"Ouch, dad!" He cried. "Why are you putting more pressure?" He asked with a cracking voice.

"Toh aur kya karo?" He asked, "India aaye hue tujhe ek hafta nahi hua aur abhi se hi pitna shuru," his nose flared, "Akhir aur kitne ladhkiyon se pitega tu?"

By the time Shrikant finished, Manik's cheeks burned red with the amount of blood rushed on his face.

"Mom!" He whined.

"Shrikant ji!" As quickly as Manik's voice made a place in her brain, the fire alarm for Shrikant alarted the whole house.

"I give up!"

°° °° °°

The place was empty. Devoid of any human being.

The flowers were everywhere in front of Anurag's eyes.

He was walking there alone. Lost somewhere in the melodious voice entering through his ears.

There she was. Anurag's steps stopped. His mind captured the beautiful scenery in front of him.

Her long flowy hair decorating with flowers. Many kind of flowers. Her yellow saari blended perfectly with the yellow flowers she was in.

As Anurag get closer to her, he put his one hand on her shoulder.

She turned her face towards Anurag.

That was when he notice. The little hairs on her chin, standing proudly. Her bony figure turned masculine.

Anurag's eyes widened, stomach clenched, dizziness surround him as the person in front of him was no longer a girl but his,

"Anupam jiju?"

"Aaaa!" Anurag jumped out of his skin as the cold water washed his sleep.

"Jiju?" With his groggy mind Anurag discovered Anupam holding a bucket in his hand.

"Yeh kaunsa tarika hua kisi ko uthane ka?" He asked, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.

"Sorry beta, but jiss tarha se you were wetting your bed with your....."

"Jiju!" Shouted a red Anurag.

°° °° °°

"Hello, Shrikant uncle!"

Manik was still laying on the couch on his stomach with a hot water bottle on his butt, when the female entered the house greeting Shrikant politely.

Manik stomach flipped unknowingly. His sweaty hands clenched, digging his nails on his palm.

The girl stood there freeze. Her eyes widened, breathing ragged and her face flashed matching the color of her red eye-shadow.

"You?"

"What are you doing here?" Manik barked, his brows squinch together.

Nandini just stand there with red cheeks. As suddenly as Manik's voice brought her from the outerspace, she couldn't wait for a moment more.

Closing her eyes, she just ran away from main door. Manik not able to hold his curiosity, got up from couch and started to ran towards the door.

"Abe ruk, kidhar jaa raha hai?" Shrikant delivered his dialogue quickly, gaining Manik's attention.

"Kuch purana hisaab lene," Manik without turning answer his father in a flat tone.

"Toh tu aise jaayega?"

"Aise matlab?"

"Niche dekh."

"Aaaa!" Without any word, Manik just hid his 'bare body with only one towel around his waist' by his hands.

°° °° °°

"Anurag beta, jara niche aao," Anurag was putting some makeup on his face. The one he stole from his sister's dressing table to hide bruises he got from the girl.

"Coming!" After replying to his mother, Anurag hurriedly put the product on his reddened patches.

After successfully hiding his bruises, he went downstairs. His mind unconsciously traveling to the time he got those patches. Heart thumping and cheeks flushing every second.

"Maa!" As soon as Anurag found his mother's glimpse, he settled his head on her shoulder, sitting on the couch.

His mother, smiling, started to pat his head with affection.

"Anu beta, meet her," Mohini stated, smiling, "Your new naighbor, Prerna."

When Anurag finally notice the girl sitting on the other couch, his irises enlarged. Nausea hitted his throat and he without thinking blurted,

"Dayen!"