I Shouldn't Have Choosen What I Chose That Day

Um! Hi! Remember me? I mean the story 😓. If somebody still remembers this, sorry to those. Sorry 😖😖. I know I am terribly terribly late. And I won't say that I have my reasons. I actually couldn't find the motivation to write. Sorry 😭. I promise from now on I will try to be as active as possible 🤥 Sorry again🤧🤧

***

"I am sorry Mr Basu. But... " The doctor sighed.
Moloy looked at her tearfully. He already knew what she would say. But a tiny hope in his heart was still there. Perhaps it might be good. There might be some miracle.

But he knew...

"Sorry, Mr Basu we tried our best. But, couldn't save him."

With the sentence, she broke the last hope in him. Molly shattered inside. The pressure on his chest became heavier. Suffocating him proudly.

"Take care." With a small smile and pity in her eyes, the doctor left. Leaving Moloy in his tangling thoughts.

How will Mohini react, wasn't the only thing in his mind. But that beautiful future he thought with his child ahead.

His child will never see the light again or will never call him dad. Those tiny fingers will never hold his hand again. Only a father knows what he feels when his child went too far from him to come back.

As Moloy was lost in his thoughts forgetting the situation around, somebody stood behind him.

"Mr Moloy!" A gentle voice calls him from behind.

°° °° °°

It was already morning when Shrikant Malhotra wakes up from his restless sleep. Sweats covered his face as his breath quickened.

He turned to his other side of the bed, finding it's empty indicating Nyonika already woke up.

A relief of breath washed through him. He didn't want Nyonika to watch him like this. He won't be able to explain.

Tucking the bed hurriedly, he gets out of the room. After finding some quick steps, he finally got to his destination.

When Shrikant opened the door of Manik's room. He found his son sleeping peacefully on his bed. The boy didn't change the clothes he wore last night. Letting Shrikant know that he went outside yesterday without his permission again. He smiled at the naughty son he got.

Though he found something odd. the clothes he was wearing wasn't Manik's style. But that boy and his mood swings.

Silently closing the door when he came out, he found a weird calmness in his heart. But after a moment, the peace was gone. His features harden. eyes lowered and palms clenched lightly.

"Son, I know I shouldn't have chosen what I chose that day. But I don't regret it. Just the only complaint in my life is, I can never hug you again in this lifetime."

****
Not Edited.