The Beginning Of Their Story

The sun is already set. Leaving the city glittering in those shimmering lights. People were running here and there. Everyone is busy.

In all those hustle bustle a man in white shirt is sitting in a chair in a hospital in the front of the operation theater.

All worked out.

With face buried in his palms.

"First time" Asked the man in gray tee sitting two sits far from him.

"Yes", he said with a small smile in his lips.

"Me too", added the man in gray tee.

"Oh! That's great", replied the other one.

"But why are you looking so tense? Asked the man now sitting in the chair next to him.

"Nothing, it's just, my wife's case is bit complicated!"

"Oh! I see!"

"Don't worry, Everything will be fine."

"Thank you!" Replied the man in white shirt but this time with a genuine smile.

"By the way, I am Shrikant Malhotra", said the man in gray tee forwarding his hand.

"I am Moloy Basu", he said, shaking hand with him.

"Mr. Basu, doctor wants to say some words with you",

"OK, I am coming",

The nurse went from there informing him.

"Don't worry, Mr. Moloy, everything will be fine."

"And, congratulations in advance."

On listening this Moloy's lips curved into a genuine smile. He thanked Shrikant and walked towards the doctor's cabin.

°° °° °°

Walking through the busy corridor Moloy reached the doctor's cabin.

Moloy slightly knock the wooden door where the nameplate of 'Dr. Ridhima Ghosh' was perfectly hanging.

"Yes, Mr. Basu, please come in",

On listening the voice from inside Moloy went inside putting a small fake smile praying not to hear some bad news.

"Please, have a seat",

"Is everything fine, Dr. Ghosh? Asked Moloy sitting on the chair trying not to sound desperate as much as possible.

"Mr. Basu, I don't want to scare you, but I have a bad news",

Sweats form in his forehead on listening this. His mind occupied with all kinds of bad things even when he doesn't want to.

"Mr. Basu, It's actually, actually Mrs. Basu's internal bleeding is not stopping. And the child inside is much weak. Even if the operation will success then also both mother and child's life is at stake."

The worst fear of Moloy come true. His whole world felt like crashing. He can't lose any of them. Not his wife nor even his unborn child. Both are precious to him. His mind stop working. He was feeling fire around him. Like his whole body is burning.

"Mr. Basu, please calm down. Here, drink some water."

The doctor hands him a glass of water after watching his state. Moloy, took the glass of water with his shaking hand and gulped it in a go. But only he knew that he can't be relaxed with this colorless liquid.

"Mr. Basu we are trying our best. You just pray to God. Now only He can do something."

With this the doctor excused herself from there, leaving Moloy to fight with the new-found information.