And they leave unhappily ever after

"Hey, Sara, wait!" Manik called the girl walking ahead in a pace. The strawberry Blondie sprinted her bare summer legs. The minty mini skirt she wore danced in the soft air, covering her knees and upper.

"It's Serena, Manik!" Her flawless pale face wrinkled.

Manik let out a hump through his mouth. He was sure that this time he named the girl perfectly. The failure in his remembering the name of his 49th crush didn't please him much.

"Okay, let it be. I need talk to you." After muttering some harmless colorful words against his father, he said. His stomach clenched, unclenched. Heart was beating loud and the breathing came out short. He didn't know how say this to his four days old girlfriend.

Yeh sab uss Hitler ki waja se ho raha hai! I won't leave him. He growled in his mind.

"Wait, Manik, first I need to talk to you." The Blondie crouched her eyes. Her American accent was low.

"Manik, we need to breakup." As the words weaved through the air, Manik's lips parted in a motion. The twinkle on the back of his eyes remained hidden from the blonde girl in front of him.

Yeh kya bol rahi hai? He thought.

"Sorry, Manik. You are really a good boy," a short breath escaped through her mouth, "But, it's just, I guess, I'm in love," the Blondie's lips turned into a thin line. The sudden blood rush on her cheeks caught Manik's eyes against the glistening sun, "With someone else." She finished.

Yeh toh bada asani se ho gaya, yaar!

"No worry, Sheila, I understand." Manik lowered his head. His bottom lips stick out and his cheeks puffed. Unfortunate for him, his eyes refused to shed those fake tears, in spit of his willing. So, he decided to sniff.

"Oh, Manik," she ran closer to him, "you are so kind," her blue eyes were glassy, "although, it's Serena, will do whatever you say." At last, she sneaked her pale arm  over his shoulder.

"Thanks, Sabina," he stretched her lips upward, "hope you get a beautiful life ahead," Manik once again did his audible inhalation.

The girl beside his phone pinged. Her eyes shone watching the notification on her black device.

"Excuse me, I need to go. Hope to meet you again, Manik." One last time placing her rosy petals on his cheeks, she turned her heels.

"Hey wait." Manik shouted. Even though, she couldn't step a single step.

"Can I ask you something one last time?" He asked softly.

"What?" Her eyes squinted.

"Can I get some strawberries from your hair?" He asked, smiling innocently.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, come on! Don't behave like a miser. They say, you have strawberry blonde hair. So, that means you have strawberries in your hair, right?"

"Can I get some, please?" He begged, emphasized the please. Then what happened was too fast for him. The neurons of his cheek couldn't report to the mind when the stinging sensation appeared. And at the end, he got five beautiful fingers printed on his flesh with pink ink. Just like his strawberry pink.

"Freak!"

°° °° °°

~Anurag~