"Your name is Sin?" Kyler asks him. "Isn't that what Ms. Scott told us not to do because Jesus gets mad at us?"

I smile at Kyler's innocence. Ms. Scott is his and Kyla's Sunday school teacher. "Sometimes words have different meanings, Ky. 'Sin' can mean a bad thing, like something God doesn't want you to do, but it's also a name."

It's not really a name, but I don't add that. I still don't understand the meaning behind Sin's name, but I have yet to ask him. There's no way his parents named him Sin, but I don't know why he calls himself that either.

"Is that why he's not your boyfriend?" Kyler continues. "Because his name is too complicated?"

"No. She's too good for him," Kyla states, making me smile.

I look up at Sin, a haughty look on my face. I see that even he's even cracked a smile at her comment. Moments like these remind me why I love my siblings.

"Sorry, Sin," I apologize, realizing I'm being a bit rude. "This is my brother and sister, Kyla and Kyler."

"You have a lot of coloring on your arms," Kyler tells him before taking a giant bite of his Pop Tart.

Sin walks over, bends down beside him, and pushes up his jacket sleeve, turning his arm over so Kyler can see his tattoos better. "What do you think? Are they scary?"

Sin's actions shock me as I watch him from the kitchen. He's always so guarded and stoic. Seeing him so kind and caring toward my siblings is unusual for me.

The next thing Sin does shocks me the most.

As Kyler reaches out and grabs his arm, he shouts, "No way. They're so cool!" Sin's face lights up in a big, dazzling smile.

His smile is so enchanting, I can't hardly look away. He's still bent over, smiling at Kyler as he looks intently at Sin's tattoos. I stop stirring the pasta on the stove and take in the rare sight.

He stands up and Kyler turns back to his food, Sin's smile fading away too quickly. He looks back up at me, but surprisingly, his hard, stoic expression doesn't return immediately.

"Sorry," I say, joining them beside the table again. "Kyler, try and behave yourself."

"He's fine," Sin assures me. "Really."

For such a guarded guy, Sin really seems to be able to let his walk down around my siblings. Maybe he's still just a kid at heart.

"Guys, why don't you go upstairs and get Destiny to come down for dinner?" I ask them, wanting to get to the bottom of why Sin is here.

"Whyyy," Kyla whines. "Dee won't even eat anything! She just complains about calories and stuff."

I frown at Kyla's words, swallowing hard. "Just go, please. I want her to come and eat something."

Sin looks at me closely when I say this, and I wonder if he can tell what we mean. Hopefully not. That'd be a bit embarrassing.

"Sorry about the chaos," I apologize as the twins leave the room. "What were you saying earlier?"

I lean against the column between the kitchen and dining area, waiting for Sin's answer.

"Peyton told me what you did for him earlier. I was pretty impressed."

"Wow. A compliment? From Sin Black himself? I feel honored," I say with an amused smirk.

"I'm serious, Haven. Peyton's family is tough enough on him without Huntington causing more trouble. Someone needed to do something," he tells me.