Chapter 32: Interruptions

Hermione was nearing migraine levels, surrounded by chanting Slytherins, some of whom were yelling at the Gryffindors across the ring. Hermione wa enthralled nonetheless. Perseus and Arlo Valenti, along with two Gryffindor Challers, Spinnet and Bell, were practically dancing around  the water tower, which was churning, blasting them occasionally, and flowing downwards, despite standing upright. Elizabeth was caught around the ankle by a Grindylow, which is eventually fought off by Cynthia, and as she watched, Yaxley hit the Luge, sending it flying at Bell, who doges just as her Flyer goes to leap off her shoulder, causing the two to fall.

"What do you think, Hermione?" Carnell yells in her ear, which is barely loud enough for her to hear. She beams at him.

"Its insanely complicated, and violent, and looks cool."

"What?"

"It's cool!" She shouts. The tallet turns a dark red, indicating its about to burst, and Spinnet fumbles it and his fumble allows Valenti to catch it as steam explodes from the top.

"Spinnet dropped the catch!" Someone shouts from behind her, and she listens with amazement as the Slytherins begin a chant. 

"He's got the ball, points for the boom!

Thanks Spinnet, need anymore room?

Spinnet! Have you curled your hair?

Spinnet! More points to share?

Lousy catch Spinnet, give us another!

A few more to match the other!

Spinnnnnnnnet!

Spinnnnnnnnet!

Please darling, so we can win it!

Awful, atrocious, do you need a head start?

Lack of nerve and poor delivery,

You set Gryffindors apart!" Hermione laughs.

"It's so harsh!' She exclaims, and Abraxas throws an arm over her shoulder and laughs.

"We made it just for Spinnet! We hate him!" He shouts, pulling a pin out of his pocket, featuring the likeness of the Challer with an enormous blonde curly wig, an exaggerated pouting face, and thick red lipstick. He pins it it onto her scarf. The white flames on the edge of the ring flare up, warming the water the swimmers are in. Those in the bleachers all wore heavy coats and scarves, with blankets across their laps. The water around the edge begins to pull back, leaving the Drits in shallow water, and the water tower surges upwards, sending Dorea Black face first into the side of the tower. The Challers duck, and sprays of water blast out violently from the sides. When Bell looks up, her forehead is bleeding from the ferocious pressure. Elizabeth takes advantage of the tower shrinking, and leaps off the back of Arlo Valenti, wrapping her hand around the Skit. Perseus catches her.

"And thats a win for Slytherin! 175 points to 60! Another terrific grab by Elizabeth Rookwood, for the first win of the season!" The announcer calls, and the water drains away from the ring, leaving the swimmers standing on a platform of glass. The roar in the stands is almost deafening, and Abraxas turns her face towards him to kiss briefly. The roar is quickly deafened, by Dippet sweeping a silencing spell over them all.

"Students!" He calls, voice magically louder. "There has been an incident and you are to immediately return to your dorms. Prefects, please lead your houses back. No need to panic, please remain calm. We will update you on this issue later, as soon as we can!" 

"Slytherin! Please follow us, we will take you down!" Tom calls, towering over the two prefects. He was in his prefect glory, despite being Head Boy. Head Boy is simply a name for super prefect. Slughorn quickly joined in ushering the sea of green.