My stronger side reminds me that I have class. I swallow down my emotions and get into the shower. My shower is done in record time and I dress even faster. School has always been a welcome distraction from my home life even though I go through hell there as well at least it will always be there.

I head down starts and make myself a bowl of cereal. My spoon is chasing the last three fruit loops around the bowl when my mind takes a ride of its own.

What if he doesn't come? Do I want him to come? My mind is relentless. I wash my plate. I pull out my phone I have enough time to get to school walking. I grab my bag and jacket. I zip it up and walk out the door locking it and stepping outside.

I walk down the path as I've done every day since I moved here. Mr. Pollen is outside as usual. He is a thirty-something balding man with a beer belly that looks like he swallowed a whole watermelon. His eyes meet mine and I give him a weak smile and in return, I get a glare.

I walk to the street when I hear a car coming down the street. I glance in that direction and I see Oliver pull up in front of my house.

"Are you ditching me Fierce?" He yells at me his hand is tapping his car door. He is wearing sunglasses covering his eyes.

I cringe back at his loud voice. "Shh." I put my finger to my lips. I glance over at Mr. Pollen and he is staring at the car with curiosity Oliver looks in the direction I'm looking in and waves at him. Mr. Pollen turns around and goes about his chores. I run to his car and jump in.

Oliver revs up his car and takes off. My body is thrown back into the seat.

"Damn it, Oliver. Slow it down." I hiss as I grab the seatbelt and buckle myself in.

"Why?" He smirks over at me and I feel like

"Because I don't want people looking at me." His mind goes to the road as he slows down a bit. After a minute of silence, he looks over at me.

"Have you tried making friends?"

"No, and I don't plan to. Do you think anyone wants to be my friend?" I snap at him.

"I would be your friend if we weren't in the same boat. Actually, if I recall I tried talking to you and you ran off."

"If you really wanted to be my friend you would have went after me." My eyes stay on the road as well.

"I treated you the way that I want people to treat me. If I leave it is because I want space." I can feel his gaze on me but I don't allow myself to look over at him.

The school comes into view and Oliver parks in the very front where everyone can see us. Once again I grab my hood and pull it over my head. I get out quickly and slam his door, "Thanks," I say over my shoulder as I run to the steps of the school.

"Are you serious?" I hear Oliver shout as I pull the door to the school open and run inside.

My day drags on like usual teachers keeping me off their radar and students either trying to provoke me or just plain ignoring me which I didn't mind. In between classes, I did, however, have to evade a very persistent Oliver. He wanted to talk to me and every single time he came close I would dart into the girl's bathroom or run into a near classroom.

What does he want? Does he want to be friends? I don't do friends. What for? They end up leaving you in the end not even your family sticks by your side.

Oliver doesn't manage to speak to me but the day is still going. Lunchtime rolls around and my stomach is rumbling loud I wanted to stay clear of the cafeteria but it seems that I will have walk in and grab something on the go.

I head to my locker and shove my bag into it. Luck seems to be on my side since I left a red hoodie in my locker last week. I switch my sweaters and pray that that is enough to throw off Oliver from my trail. I walk into the cafeteria hands in my pocket my hair is in my hoodie I didn't pull it out aiming for a different look.

The cafeteria is buzzing with chatter as usual. I walk to the food line and keep my head low trying to avoid eye contact with anyone.

The girls ahead of me are talking and the mention of Oliver's name makes me listen in.

"Supposedly," she puts air quotes, "Oliver has an eye infection. That's why he needs his glasses on."

"I bet he's just hungover."

"I think so."

Eye infection you've got to be kidding me.

"Well, when he arrived at school this morning I heard that a girl ran out of his car."

"Drama queen!" She snipes.

I bite my lip and pull out my phone and let my fingers dance on the screen as if I were texting to seem busy but these girls are seriously getting under my skin.

"Do you think she was a booty call?"

"Oliver was a player. I doubt that his old school changed that."

Say one more word I dare you. My eyes go to the girls before me and I can feel my body heat up.

"Who knows?" I lost my appetite.

"Have you seen him with that freak Cassie?" That's it. I walk through them pushing them to the side.

"What the fuck? What's your problem?"

"Bitch!" I walk out the back doors and to my surprise, he is there waiting.

"I learned your trick always sneaking out the back." Oliver stands before me.

"I want to talk to you. No more running."

Here we go.

"God is it too much to ask for normality."

"The second I take off these glasses there will never be normal for me. You of all people should know that. I want to ask you something."

***

Comment, Vote, and Follow

Follow me on my Social Medias for new covers, music, and ideas or just to chat with yours truly:

Snapchat: judyquinonez

Instagram: j_quinonez91

Tumblr: mywattpadblog91

Twitter: judyquinonez91

Happy Reading my MoonGazers

Much Love,

J_Quinonez91