11- Breathing new life

Start from the beginning

I put the baby carefully in the crib and we went to the lockers to change.

"You look like you are the mother. All proud, with shiny eyes while holding the baby." She chuckled.

"I've been enlightened. Trust me." I laughed.

We got changed and were about to leave after thanking the staff when the doctor called us back.

"Leave me one of your phone numbers. I'll give it to the mother. You guys have worked hard." He smiled.

"It's alright sir. Thank you for giving us this opportunity." We bowed to him.

"Alright then. But I wanted the contact of diligent kids like you. I am Dr.Jang."
He put his card out.

"Sure sir." I took his card and gave him mine. Mare followed the same.

We bade goodbye and left for home finally.
_______________________

"Doctor, the vitals of the patient on bed 36 are dropping again."

I sighed. I was back to being worked to death.

I didn't get the chance to rest and my body was protesting for a break.

The tea break was only a few minutes away. I tended to the patient and went to the cafeteria for some caffeine.

I sat on an empty table with my drink and opened my phone. There were messages from Jimin. My heartbeat rose in seconds.

*How are you doing? Free to have a phone call date?*

*I have a free schedule and boy I am bored. Please call me.*

Oh God. Why is he so cute?

*Hey! You're finally free? God its been ages since I texted you.* He sounded so excited.

I chuckled. "Chim it's only been 2 hours. I was busy. I feel like dropping dead. I need sleep." I whined.

*Awww. Poor baby. Do you want me to do anything for you?*

"What can you do though? We are miles apart.....wait. Sing for me." I couldn't believe this was happening.

If you told me last month that I would be on a phone call with Park Jimin I would have admitted you in the psychiatric ward.

*Me? Now? Oh....." He hesitated.

"Please......?" I was excited already.

*None of this is a coincidence, I'm just going with the flow...* He started singing serendipity.

I closed my eyes. His voice took me to a whole new world. The surroundings melted away. It was only me and his voice drifting through my mind. It was a song about falling in love. The song was definitely accomplishing its purpose.

*Saura? Hello?* He said.

"Yes, sorry. I'm here." I sighed. "Chimmy, God bless your voice dude. I literally forgot where I was. What did I even do to deserve you. Oh, GOD I love you."

I was in a headspace. I heard a sharp intake of breath on the other side. 

"Hey are you alright?" I asked worried.

*Nothing. I was drinking water and I chocked on it.* He was still coughing.

"Take your time. I'm right here. But damn. You just took me on a tour to heaven and brought me back to where I was in seconds." I said.

*Hey stop. You are making me shy. I am glad I could be of help." There it was, the cute whiny voice he spoke in when he complained. I got to hear it in real life, finally.