"It was delicious. I don't know what it was, but it was really good. Did you make it?" He nods, playing with his hands. "You've got a talent, Taehyung."

Unexpectedly, he lights up. "You mean it?" I nod. "That was one of my creations."
"It was? You invented that? Is it on the menu?" He shakes his head. "Why not?" He shrugs, pulling at his sleeves. "It should be, damn."

He blushes again. "If you want it again, I wrote down the recipe as I made it. So...if you want your normal order, then state that you want the 'usual' or something like that, I've got your order memorised now anyway. If you want that recipe, then actually state your order."

"Do you always come up with your own coffees?" He nods. "Can I...Can I try some of them at some point?" He nods again, blushing. "What's the code for that?"
"Um.....you could always just say something I know you wouldn't want. Like an espresso. I don't think you like bitter tastes." My eyes widen.
"How could you tell?" He shrugs, glancing over at the counter as a queue begins to grow. "Sorry, you probably need to go. It was nice to meet you, Taehyung." He just nods, hurrying over to the counter and starting to help out.

I finish my pastry slowly, so I can see him for a little longer, and then head home.

When I get there, my roommate is sitting on his laptop. He closes it when I walk in, turns to look at me with an eyebrow raised. "So...Kook.....you're an hour late. What happened?" I frown.
"You timed me?" He shrugs.
"Look, dude, don't start thinking I give a shit. I just notice when someone has a very specific schedule, and that changes."

"That adds up," I admit, dumping my bag at the door and heading over to the fridge. "Do we have anything I can eat? I'm starving."
"Are you alright? Boss hold you up?" my roommate returns. I shake my head. He tilts his head at me.
"Went to Lava Java Coffee, felt like having a snack."

My roommate narrows his eyes at me, suspicious. "You're still hungry?" I raise both hands in defence.
"I'm a growing boy, alright? Why are you quizzing me?"
"I know someone that works at Lava. Saw you talking to....what's his name? The guy you think is cute?" He stands up, walks over to peer into the fridge with me. "Make me food and I won't question or tease you about it."
"This is blackmail," I grumble. He just raises an eyebrow, as if he's challenging me. "Fine. I'm making ramen."

He grins. "Thanks, Kook."
"Sure, whatever." I roll my eyes, turning to grab the ingredients and set up a pot of water boiling.
"You love me."
"In your dreams, Hyojung." He fakes a horrified gasp, and I turn to give him a questioning look, before realising what he's reacting to, and ignoring him.

About ten minutes later, I place two bowls full of food on the table. My roommate jolts at the slight noise this causes, and then he perks up. "Ooh, is that dinner?" he asks eagerly, hurrying over to sit down and start eating. "Thanks, Kook. I knew I could count on you."

Over the next few days, I go to the coffee shop pretty much every day, and I always see Taehyung there. And every single time, I decide to try something new, because he really does have a talent. He seems to know, just from a short conversation, what kind of thing I need, and then I guess he improvises each time, because every drink is subtly different. I love it.

I mention to him at some point that I have no allergies, so he knows not to worry about the ingredients too much, within reason. I don't want to die of a caffeine overdose, after all, and he seems to recognise that.

Eventually, though, I get the courage to take things further.

"Morning, Tae. I think..I'll have an espresso today," I say quietly, glancing around us once before leaning forward slightly. "Would it be rude to ask for your number, as well?"