Offerings 2

The Phoenix was a prize to be earned. The assembly had jostled for months for the rights to his hands, to his mouth and well-shaped arse too. Lord Lapes was well aware of the assembly's obsession with the man and seemed amused by it. Lororis would be lying if he said he was immune to the interest. The golden-haired man was rarely moved to emotions in sessions. During battles he was fiery, and his moniker was well earned. Fire and rebirth, the Phoenix had defeated every man who had ever beaten him.

Lororis had almost been concerned at winning against him. The look on the Phoenix's face had promised dark retribution. It didn't matter that the victory was safe, resentment could bubble up. Then the offer had been made. The offer of the Phoenix giving Lororis the very thing the assembly was arguing who had the right to.

Of course, he accepted, doing his best not to look too gleeful.

He had planned to be mean, not cruel but mean. Only as it fast became clear how green and inexperienced the man was, he had switched it up a bit. Seeing this side of the Phoenix was a gift and a prize, it could not be sullied without consequence, and Lororis wanted him. Lororis wanted the man by his side as his partner in the games and in his bed. The night had shown warmth to Phoenix beyond the raging fire of the battlefield. The soft chuckle at a well-placed joke, the look of wariness relaxing as Lororis failed to turn on him.

It was alluring how open the Phoenix had been. Honest to a fault and a hint to the man behind the insignia.

The Phoenix face turned from peaceful to distressed as he shifted. His hands clenching in the sheets. Lororis blinked, quickly understand just what was occurring. Slowly, he wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him closer into him. There was a small gasp as the man woke, tears in his eyes and horror was written over him. "Easy, I have you," Lororis whispered, hugging him close as he trembled. "You're safe."

The Phoenix turned, his silver eyes in the dull light wide and frightened. Lororis would hunt down any man who got to see him like this and slaughter them. The eyes widened with confusion, and then he slumped as he remembered where he was and why. Calmly, Lororis prodded him back into place, chest to back, spooning in the early morning.

For a few moments, they stayed like that. Hands softly held onto his arms, not sure where to land and body melding to his, seeking safety. A few sounds Lororis would never repeat escaped the man, but slowly the trembling stopped.

"Morning," he murmured, arms resting lightly on Lororis', gently covering his hands.

Lororis smiled fondly and kissed his cheek. It was fragile but there. He'd managed to sow the first steps of trust into the man. Now he needed to tend to that seed and make it bloom into a beautiful relationship. Be it an ally in the games or a new playmate in the bedroom. "Morning, my darling," Lororis purred, burying his nose in the Phoneix's shoulder and peppering light kisses. "How critical do you need to return to your station?"

Phoneix's body tensed, and he shrugged. "Not very," he murmured. "Why?"

"I was hoping you could stay a little longer," Lororis admitted. "If nothing else, you like to mess with the assembly as much as I do and the longer your here..."