SV - Trapped 4

A/N: Another timeskip here. With a culture note at the end for some context. In the meanwhile, Quinn and Webb have some bonding/relationship repairing moments. Horus fails to find Ideon. Horus and his second get permission to come up to the ship. Quinn stays with them because obv. Webb is struggling to keep Ideon's location a secret when Ideon gets attacked by some of the local wildlife, forcing him to act. Lights, Camera, ACTION! 

The device died in Webb's hands. The static buzzing of the fail connection sparked. Ideon hadn't encrypted his call. Someone could trace the signal back to where he was. An accident? Or a cry for help. Ideon certainly sounded like he needed help. Webb wanted him home safe. Intel wouldn't help, they had strict policies about things like this. They'd rather Ideon die than the nation get confirmation that they had been spying on him.

And if Webb left Ideon out there for too long, he would die.

Webb needed to save him. The answer was there. He knew what he needed to do. He didn't want to do it. It was giving up. It was surrendering and that went against everything he knew. It might save his love. It would definitely doom them both.

Another moment passed. Webb slowly resigning himself to the situation, remember the last time he failed to act. His control over everything was over. The Alliance would most likely defend him, if nothing else for stopping the Empire from getting information on the Axiums. The joys of that balance and fight ever weighing above his hair. The crew members would judge him for committing this sin. Ideon might hate him for getting him stuck in a contract.

Webb wanted his love alive and angry, not dead and scared.

The route to the guest quarters was empty. It made sense with the current shift cycle. Only those on the 'late' shift were up at this hour. It made it easier to betray the people he'd served since being dragged into service. The door looked innocent and unassuming. A number etched into the metal. He knocked on the door. Internally he counted to ten slowly, waiting for something, anything.

No one answered.

Should Webb knock again? It was night. Or was it a sign to take another route? Maybe there was another way? Maybe he could take a ship and go himself? Only if he stole a shop he'd be in bigger trouble than telling Horus. If he waiter for permission Horus would just follow him anyway. He moved. Maybe he could ask Bean for help. He could know where Zef had gone. If he could get permission for a recall mission things would get so much easier. Until Horus sniffed him out.

A hand stopped him as he turned to leave. The man of the hour looked at him expectantly, barely dressed and his hair wilder than normal. It made Horus look bigger, more intimating despite his lack of armour and weapons. Scars littered his skin and highlighted his muscles and strength. Golden eyes bore into Webb expectantly, shadows cutting harsh on the sharp features. Webb tried not to look lower down than eye level. There was nothing about this man that suggested he'd fail to hunt down his prey eventually. It had always been about time.

"Something happened," Horus said, stepping out and shutting the door behind him to protect his sleeping partners. The man was unconcerned about being caught outside his quarters in his underwear. Confidence oozed from him. Webb tried to let that reassure him.

"You're the best hunter in your clan, aren't you?"

Horus frowned, the shadows under his eyes making him look menacing. His grip was unyielding as he moved them down the corridor to a common area. Completely unconcerned with the fact that Horus was wearing little more than boxers at the moment. People would talk if they saw them together like this.

The grip didn't hurt but Horus wasn't going to let him escape now either. No one came to their enemies room in the middle of the night for no reason. Were they enemies? Certainly not friends.