11. Getting the boy to fang (II)

"Hey, you know who could fix the kid in a snap? Vlad." Frank grinned.

"What? We don't need to call Vlad. We got this." Drac said. He smiled: "You see, Denisovich, monsters are nice, just like you." He put on a dramatic pose, gesturing to the full moon outside, "But when the moon comes out, the real monster fun begins." Frank put on the radio. 'Give it to me I'm Worth It' came on. "Being scary, right, guys?"

"Give it to me I'm worth it," the others were bopping around, even despite the foul atmosphere from Griffin and Irene. "Give it to me I'm worth it."

"Guys? Guys! What is wrong with you?" Drac asked. "Baby, I'm worth-" He turned the radio off.

"Come on, everybody likes that song." Frank said.

"We're not everybody, we're scary monsters, remember?" Drac wondered. He put a disc in the player.

"Hey, what are you putting in?" Griffin asked.

"Well, I'd hardly call spineless Invisibles monsters, Drac." Irene muttered.

"I heard that!"

"It's an audio book." Drac responded. "Bigfoot's life story - he reads it himself."

"Chapter one." A woman's voice said on the CD. Growling emitted afterwards. The adults slumped. Drac seemed happy to hear it, Dennis was puzzled. They noticed that Blobby had his headphones on and listening to 'Give it to me, I'm Worth It'. Murray pouted.

Time passed and Griffin hit rough terrain in the woods. "Passed your driver's test, did you?" Irene muttered.

"Hey, don't blame me for the way the ground is!"

"Um, you know when you said that you and Emily were unbreakable... you two are still friends, right?" Frank awkwardly queried.

"No." Irene tightened her wings around her body, furrowing her brows uncomfortably. They had both said that. Griffin cringed and hunched his shoulders. "I'm sorry," the said simultaneously, "I don't wanna fight. It's horrible. Friends?" Irene, as a bat, still, hugged his shoulder.

"Aw, how sweet." Drac said and Irene nuzzled her furry head into his invisible cheek. "You're monsters, now stop it. "Right turn, here." Griffin did so. "Denisovich, rise and shine." He smiled to his sleeping grandson, who snored lightly. "Boys, this bringing back any memories? We used to prowl around here when we were in our 100s. The Dark Forest of Slobozia." He said dramatically. His smile dropped when he noticed that it was turned into a joyful park.

A sign read:

DARK FOREST
MUNICIPAL PARK
−−−−−−−−−−−−−−
AND
    🌲  BIKE TRAIL  🌲

"Nice, how they built it up," Frank grinned.

"Okay," Drac frowned, "out of the car." They all got out, and the grandpa of the group fixed a cape on his grandson. "Denisovich," he licked his palm and slicked back most of his hair, "you're going to see every monster do his or her speciality." He set Denny on the ground. "First, Frank's gonna show us how he scares people." The stein leaned on the front of the car. Irene turned back into her normal, invisible and cape-wearing form.

"Yay! He's gonna say 'boo'!" Dennis announced excitedly.

"Yeah, I don't think 'boos' ever work." Drac grinned. "But that's why we're here. To learn from the master."

"I'm so sorry," Irene whispered to Griffin, hugging him.

"I'm sorry, too."

"No, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Griffin held her.