7. The aftermath

On stage, Wayne started a vinyl record on the DJ booth on stage. He and the band were on the platform. Johnny was back, and this time, he was singing. "I thought I found a love but she was just a fling," he slid to the side, "And then I met a girl and felt a different thing, it's like you're hit in the ring, like you're pulled by a string. Can't breathe like you're choking on a chicken wing. It was a thing called a Zing and I wanted to sing, and listen to the ballads of the man named Sting," he was up close to Mavis, staring into her sapphire eyes, "Lady looks in your eyes and it's suddenly spring." He looked back at the audience. "Like when Nala looked at Simba in The Lion King."

Wayne laid on the boot and Frank scratched his stomach, his toe rubbing the record. Murray had a mic of his own, it included auto tune. "Zinging in the air and I don't have a care, I'm winging from the Zing that we shared."

Mavis sang in her own mic. She poofed by the mummy. "Zinging in the rain, now I'm feeling no pain," Drac rose in the crowd on a table, "It's a real time for celebrating. 'Cause you're my Zing." She was by Johnny, looking at him with adoration.

Irene appeared by Griffin. "Oh, what the heck?" She grabbed the man and dipped him into a passionate kiss. When she released him, she punched his chest lightly. "Don't get used to it." She grinned.

"Drac! Ready to throw it down?" Johnny asked, holding out the mic for the vampire to take, as he now stood by the boy.

"No, no. I just came closer to-to hear you better." He insisted.

"Aw, come on! Just give it a try." Johnny egged playfully.

"Alright, maybe just a little." Drac smiled. He grabbed it in an instant and began rapping: "So listen all you Zingers from here to Beijing, you better crash the box spring - get ready to cling., 'cause if love was money you'd be yelling cha-ching." Mavis and Johnny were at a loss for words, mouths open. They grinned. "Next to a Zing, Cupid's arrow's a little bee sting. It was a Zing and a zang and a zingidy-dee! And there was only one lady in the Zing for me, because when you're zinged by the ding - you better know one thing, the only bling you gonna sling-- is a wedding ring!" Johnny had joined in on some parts. The vampire froze Johnny as the crowd cheered. Unfreeze.

"Zinging in the air," Murray began. Freeze!

"Now I don't have a care," Drac had auto tune, now. "I'm winging from the Zing that we shared," he lifted a witch's face, "Zinging in the rain, now I'm feeling no pain." Unfreeze.

"It's a real time for celebrating," Mavis and Murray sang. "'Cause you're my Zing."

The gang and their wives got on the tables lowered for them, Drac, of course, led them. The band and Johnny were the ones that rapped. "Feel this Zing, y'all. Ba-da-bing, y'all. Gonna know you right out of that ring, y'all. Better bring, y'all, happening, y'all," they broke the fourth wall, ganging up on it, almost, "Pay attention to the undead king, y'all. Oh, oh, oh, oh..." the tables, each with a gang member and their significant other (excluding Irene, Griffin, Drac and Murray), rose into the starry night.

Fireworks were set off. This was the aftermath of one little step into the hotel. If Johnny hadn't done so, where would they be, now? Everything will fall into place eventually. Every choice has a path.