"I'm going to marry you," I told her truthfully.

"I know, I just never thought I'd be pregnant before marriage," she replied softly.

"What's meant to be will always find a way," I reassured and she frowned turning to me, deep in thought.

"Did you just quote Trisha Yearwood?" She asked amused and I chuckled, kissing her forehead.

"I love you," she whispered

"I love you too Nia," I said as the door opened to reveal Doctor Semers. I stood there as they conversed while Doctor Semers performed his regularly check up routine.

"You're six weeks into your first trimester," he announced as he performed the ultrasound, I reached over holding Nia's hand watching the screen.

"This is your baby," he said and happiness exploded in me, as I looked at the screen at the small silhouette.

"The heartbeat is steady, you both are having a healthy baby,"
.
.
.
.
"When do you want to tell our families?" I asked looking over to her typing, at 10 p.m if I might add. I smiled thinking back to the first night I stayed back at work with her.

"I'm ready to tell everyone except Tevin," she mumbled and I chuckled

"Well you have to, and we can throw a party, just friends and families," I suggested

"You must really be happy about this, to be willingly inviting people over," she mumbled and I smiled as she looked up at me sighing.

"How about Saturday?" I asked

"Saturday is great, but you're putting everything together," she said rubbing her neck slightly.

"By myself,"

"Yes, baby I'm pregnant," she said pouting and I laughed standing up.

"You've been waiting to use that haven't you?" I asked moving behind her, loving the sweet sound of her laugh.

"Yes," she mumbled as my hands moved to her shoulders massaging softly.

"Relax," I said when she continued to work and she did as I said. I moved my finger to the spot on her neck that hurts continuously, rubbing it. She hissed bitting her bottom lip as I worked through it.

"You need to stop working so hard," I mumbled kissing her neck as my hands went back to her shoulders.

"You do realize Trish and I are the only black women here," she said opening my eyes to the sad reality.

"I have to work twice as hard since I'm the only black woman in this department, and work gets even harder with the stares, people trying to belittle me, the constant whispering, the-"

"Why don't you just leave?, I'm sure there are many other law firms that would love to have you" I spoke against her neck, leaving wet kisses along it.

"I plan to, and open up my own, I already have my private practice done I just need-shit," she said ending on a moan her hand moving behind her holding head in place, I smiled against her neck loving the fact I had as much of a effect on her as she did me.

"Continue please," I said wanting to hear.

"Then stop-" she started but stopped and I pulled away pecking her cheek before standing straight, my hands still on her shoulders massaging.

"I've already done my private practice, I just need to start but then I start thinking about if it doesn't work out, I would be throwing away five years of my life," she finished