Chapter 18

Ava's pov

The rest of the week was uneventful. It was the usual routine in the office.

I meet Damien a few times when he would come for business meetings.

I have yet to see his place of work.

Currently it's Friday. Everyone is getting ready for the weekend.

Mr. Morgan informed me on Tuesday that we will be going shopping for food for games night on Saturday.

I've already organized where it's going to be, and I did a poll on what games people wanted.

I also ensured that I look through everyone's medical report to familiar myself with their allergies.

When I met Damien on Tuesday, I told him about games night and shopping for snacks.

He seemed happy to join in. He said 'it will be a good way to unwind and take his mind of work'

I am currently sending a few emails before it's time to go shopping.

Mr. Morgan informed me earlier that he wanted us to go shopping at one pm.

Which I wasn't particularly happy about because it was our lunchtime.

It's currently twelve thirty-five, which gives me at least twenty-five minutes to have something to eat while I send emails to important business partners.

Five minutes has gone by when I heard a knock on my door.

I made sure to finish what I was eating before saying' come in'

The door opened revealing me Morgan in his well-tailored black suit.

'Are you ready to leave' he asked still standing by the door.

I looked at the time seeing there was twenty minutes left to the time that was agreed.

I closed my laptop and got up, wondering why I thought one o'clock was the time that we were going to be making our way out of the building.

Mr. Morgan is an extremely organized man. Always be prepared for an earlier time than the time he said.

He loves being more than prepared no matter what the situation is and I have grown accustomed to that since working for him

It makes me wonder if he ever lets his hair down or has ever been spontaneous.

'Yes sir' was my response as I got up from my desk.

He held the door open for me. I nervously walked out and walked for him to close the door after himself.

Once it was closed, I locked it with my key.

We walked towards the floor lobby where Susan was.

I told her previously about our little shopping date.

She looked over at us and said: have fun, make sure to get some Fanta.

Was her farewell to us before we walked towards the elevator. We both walked in and I pressed the button to the ground floor.

Once we got to the ground floor people immediately walked to speak to Mr. Morgan.

He dismissed them by stating he was extremely busy, and he would attend to them later.

Once we were outside. I spotted Damien in his car in the company's car park.

I could not contain my happiness. I walked over as quick as I could to where he was parked.