seven

𝗙𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟭𝟬𝗧𝗛 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬                            𝗗

𝗙𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟭𝟬𝗧𝗛 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬 𝗗. 𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗩𝗘.

PARASITE, the film that took home the most awards at this years Oscars, including, Best Picture, Directing, International Feature Film and Writing (Orginal Screenplay). Not only that, but it has also become the first non-English film in Oscar history to win the award for Best Picture.

PARASITE was also the first film from South Korea to be nominated for International Feature Film or the category's previous name, Foreign Language Film.

Throughout the night, Bong Joon Ho graciously paid tribute to his fellow nominees, with perhaps none more touching than his admission that he studied filmmaking by looking to the works of his fellow Directing nominee, Martin Scorsese, leading to a standing ovation for the legendary director.

Also, member of the rising South Korean girl group, ELYSIAN, Talia, got the chance to pay her respects and thanks at the after award interviews.

❝ 𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗗 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠 𝗢𝗙, she told interviewers. As well as thanking family, friends, the cast, director, producers and fans, she also remembered her roots and thanked her members who were cheering her on back at home.

❝ 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗬 𝗠𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗪𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦, 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗞 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗠𝗘 𝗢𝗡, 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗜 𝗖𝗔𝗡'𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗜𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗛𝗨𝗚 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗔𝗟𝗟.

Talia also made history that night, being the first South Korean music act to win an Oscar, and the first South Korean music act to win an Oscar on their debut movie. After the event, the cast shared pictures of them together eating happily and celebrating.

We wish them all nothing but success and happiness for the future! See Talia's interview here, and watch a compilation of the Parasite's cast reactions to winning the awards + their speeches here.

𝗦𝗘𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦...

(+9283) I'm honestly proud of her, but once I heard her speech, I felt a bit off. I have a feeling after a while, she's just gonna quit ELYSIAN and pursue her career in acting. She's good at it, and already has a name for herself.

(-2933) Her role was good and I'm happy she's just clearly happy about it instead of being all cocky like others.

(+7345) She should just stick to acting, she's built a name for herself now, and to be honest, she's not even that talented on stage ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

(+0283) This is going to bring her a lot of attention, I'm happy for her! I just hope she's not getting overworked, although she was smiling the whole event, you could tell she was tired. ㅠ.ㅠ

𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘.