3. Wasn't Gay?

☀️ JEAN ☀️

I wondered why I was the one with King Jaques, my father, in this journey, as I seldom get the spotlight.

Three weeks had passed since the solidarity ball of the Southern Alliance. Finally, we arrived at the front of the same venue–– the palace of Becan. Vivid memories played on my mind while we trotted past the facade.

After we alighted the horses, father examined me from head to toe. He winked. I knew I was presentable enough to the Thal King: I prepared so much for the come back at the crown prince. I grinned.

My father used to be taller than me but now we were the same height. I was almost his copy except that I grew my hair longer, for he did not want to be bothered by his hair. Plus, I was buffed, he was a little chubby.

We walked to the front. One of the two guards opened the huge black hardwood door with gold plated flower decors leading to the Becan throne room.

My hair I flipped then arranged my coat. Our arrival were announced more by our footsteps echoing around the big hall.

At the throne across the hall was a pedestal, on top was a long table and some chairs. The highest of the chairs at the middle, adorned with gold, sat the King of the Thals. Beside him was a blond-haired angelic face, whose eyes were at us. Both of them looked happy.

When the tapping of our shoes was cut off, father spoke which caught King Eugene's attention

"Your majesty." Father bowed.

I did as well and as graceful as I could. I practiced many times for what I hoped would be Eric's delight if ever we would meet again. I smirked, not removing my sight from Eric to get hints of approval with how I paid respect. He chuckled. They stood up and bowed as well, addressed us for courtesy then sat down again.

My father continued, "I am here with my second son in line–– Prince Jean. The crown prince could not leave the kingdom as he attended businesses in Anbeia that requires his or my attention." He looked at me then back to Eric's father.

King Eugene grinned. “It was alright. I'm sure Prince Jean will be a great ambassador to Anbeia.” He looked at me. “Please be seated.”

We sat. I hid my excited reaction when I knew the reason why I was there with father.

A chambermaid showed up. She brought hot tea and hot choco. Bite size of fruits laid on a platter and small cakes adorned a stand. King Eugene offered us the snacks.

I obliged myself to help Eric who was opening up letters and answered those he could, as our fathers talked about the political standing of our countries.

We must maintain supremacy at all times, that was my father's motto. But for now, being the closest ally of the strongest was prime of his interests.

"War is at our door steps. I am certain of it, Jaques." King Eugene declared. "Jean, Eric, can you two leave us for a moment? I would like to talk in private with King Jaques, please."