Stefan rolls his eyes in a fond manner as he looks over the brunette. "So, not to be rude, but...why's everyone so eager for me to go?" he inquires. "Not that I was expecting a parade or anything."

"Well, there's a lot going on these days," Rory shrugs as she splits the cards between two of them. "Let's see—there's a super-secret society of ancient vampires, which I was apart of. Very briefly. They're trying to undo one of the oldest, most powerful spells since the creation of the vampire species, and now Klaus' ex-girlfriend has a weapon that can kill the Original family. Permanently. Oh, um, they also stole Hayley's dead husband's heart."

Stefan's lips form a small 'o'. "Wow. Makes it seem like what's happening in Mystic Falls right now a picnic."

"Unkillable vampire hunters? I think I'm pretty good with what's happening here," Rory shrugs. "Besides, there's good news—Klaus is off to murder his ex with Elijah. So while they handle that, I can babysit you and everyone else can do the less fun things."

"You don't want to be a part of the action?"

"Trust me, Stefan. I've had enough action to last a lifetime," Rory sighs, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I thought my life in Mystic Falls was pretty shit. Turns out things can get a whole lot worst when you make enemies in your thousand years of living—they go after your girlfriend and everyone else that you love."

Stefan pokes his tongue against his cheek. He doesn't want to open a can of worms, but he needs to know. "Rory...I know that it's been a while, but I can't help but be curious," Stefan starts. Rory looks up at him, raising a questioning eyebrow. "The last time we saw each other, we weren't on the greatest terms. And now..."

"Don't talk about it," Rory interjects. Stefan quickly nods. "I'm happy to see you, Stefan. Really. It's like a piece of my old life is back, and I don't really see that many familiar faces here. And...and I forgive you," she relents. Stefan exhales softly at Rory's words. "But I will never forget what happened."

"I understand." Stefan says softly.

"Besides, I'm friends with Damon. Sort of. More like frenemies. And it would be unfair for me to be on somewhat good terms with him and not with you," Rory smiles in his direction. "Ripper buddies, remember?"

Stefan gives her a small smile, a chuckle leaving his mouth. "Ripper buddies."

Rory's phone suddenly buzzes in her pocket. She pulls the mobile device out, seeing Hayley's name flash across the screen. She holds up a finger in Stefan's direction, pressing the phone against her ear. "Hayley?" she inquires.

"The Strix have Klaus and Elijah." Hayley says by way of greeting.

Rory immediately shoots up into a standing position. "What?" she asks worriedly. "Are they okay? Are they..."

"No, no, nothing happened. Listen, we'll be at the compound in a few. I'm bringing Lucien."

Rory's eyebrows pull together. "Who's that?"

"Brown hair, walks like he owns the city?"

"Oh! The guy from the art show?"

"I guess."

Rory sighs. "Thanks for the heads up. I needed a few shots anyway."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

Rory ends up telling Stefan to stay in the study for the time being. She would never subject anybody to Lucien, simply because the small amount of time that she'd gotten to meet him felt like hell on earth. She hated that she had to be polite in the name of not offending both Klaus and him considering they were "old friends".