Chapter 16

I walk with Astrid and Wyatt to the back of the building. We stick to the shadows and I tell them where all the security cameras are. I hold my phone next to my ear and wait for Blythe to give the word. I hear the others walking around in the conference call.
"Grossery store," she says, notifying us that the alarms are disarmed. Me and the others reply "food" and I hear everyone else click off as they start their missons. I get off the call and nod to Wyatt. He holds his hands out and melts the door nob off.
My hands tingle and I put them on the wall next to me. It does nothing and I run my hands through my hair in frustration before following Astrid and Wyatt inside. I tuck my wings behind my back so I don't knock anything over.
Wyatt goes first and Astrid behind him. I flank them, checking behind us every so often. Astrid holds a printed out map of the interior and guides is through this maze of a building. We stop in front of a door and I smile at them.
I look inside and see that there's four bodyguards standing around the man. I gesture to Astrid and Wyatt. Astrid states at the man and takes control over his mind. Wyatt burns a tiny hope through the wall so she can hear herself.
"You men are dismissed. I no longer need your help today," she says as the man. Me and Wyatt hide behind a statue while Astrid hides inside a storage bench. Wyatt presses me closer to the wall as the bodyguards walk by.
I hope my breath as they pass by us. Wyatt is so close that I can feel his rapid heartbeat against my chest. I look up at him embarrassed. He looks anywhere but me, his cheeks a rosy shade of red.
The bodyguards walk through another door and leave. Wyatt jumps away from me, apologizing sheepishly. I wave him off and Astrid smirks at me. I cross my arms and shake my head before walking off.
I then stand in the middle of the hallway as I realize that I have no clue where we're going next. I mumble to myself as I walk over to Astrid and Wyatt, both of whom are trying to contain their laughter. Once they finally stop laughing, Astrid takes control of the man once again.
The man spits out information about the place and where we can find what we need. I hold up my phone and record it all, sending it to the others. Astrid walks the man out of the office and we follow them down the hallways.
A person turns the corner, stating down at their phone. I grab Wyatt's hand and pull him into a one person bathroom. I hear the man talk to the person and the person agreeing to take the day off. I look around the small bathroom and see a container of soap.
I think for a minute before grabbing it and shoving it in y pocket. Wyatt gives me a weird look but I just shrug. Someone knocks on the door and I silently open it a smidge. Astrid stands there waiting and I open it all the way.
"Having fun in there?" She says suggestively. I look at her like she's insane before signing and telling her no. I look over at Wyatt and he avoids my gaze. We walk to another office and Astrid makes the man open the door with the skeleton key.
Astrid makes him talk to the security guy and tells him that they're closing early today. The security guy gets out of his chair and we quickly hide. He walks past us and turns the corner to another hallway. We wait a minute or two to make sure he's gone before getting out of the hiding spots.
I walk in the room and up to the computer desk. I see an announcement maker. Wyatt and Astrid walk in and close the door. Astrid walks the man over to the thing and makes him pick it up.
"Attention all staff. You will be let out early today. Have a great day!" His voice rings over the speaker. She makes him hang the thing up and sit down on a couch. I pull out my phone and set it down on the desk next to me.
I hear loud footsteps as people walk down the hallway, talking loudly to their coworkers. The knob on the door starts rattling and I dive under the desk quickly while Wyatt goes behind the couch. Astrid dives beside him just as the door opens.
"Sir? Aren't you going home too?" They ask. Astrid moves the man to sit up straighter and makes him smile. He nods and stands up, patting the person on the shoulder.
"Yeah, I'm going to lock the place up. Now go home," he says. They nod and walk out of the door. Astrid makes the man to shut it and then sit back down on the couch.
We wait until almost all the footsteps have retreated before greenback out of our hiding spots. I grab my phone and text Blythe to put the security cameras back on so we can help them get where they need to be.
Astrid stands up and shakes the dust off of her. She makes the man stand and then walks over to the door. She opens it and Oak stands there with Cove and Willow.
Oak walks closer and puts the man to sleep. Wyatt grabs the man's keys and puts them in his pocket. Then they all take the man and walk off and out of the building.
Astrid closes the door and stands beside me. I watch on the cameras as Scout and Leon sneak around the building, Leon freezing the doors that they've seemed not to have any blackmail in.
Rhys, Blythe, and Tuesday walk somewhat behind them also looking offices and having Rhys lock and unlock doors from the inside. I sit back in the chair and look through the security footage.
I turn my chair slightly and I see a flash drive sitting on the top of one of the filing cabinets. I point at it and Wyatt jumps up and grabs it with his gloves hand.
I take it and put it in the computer. A bunch of dates are saved on it and I click through them, watching proceedings and a lot of not so legal stuff happening.
I find one date and stop suddenly. I see the others being brought into a room and having things taken off their phones. I show Wyatt and he nods. I look at the position of the camera and text Leon.
We're going to find it.