Chapter 6

"Willow. It's not even five yet. It's going to be okay. They can't find us anyways," I tell her. She gives another quick look around us and nods. We had decided to go out and eat something at a local restaurant to pass the time.
"You never know," Tuesday says. I glare at her as Willow glances around yet again. I pick up a french fry and shove it in my mouth. Scout sits beside Rhys and looks over his shoulder as he tracks the phone that Wyatt had used earlier.
He drops a chip on the floor and he freezes. He slowly looks down and pouts. I stifle a laugh behind my hand and look over at my book. Scout laughs as I hide behind my book. Rhys goes back to tracking the phone and I look up cautiously.
I grab another french fry and quickly eat it. I finish up my food just as Rhys and Scout gasp. I take the last bite of my burger and turn their way. Rhys holds out the phone to me and I take it.
I see the information and smile at them. Turns out it wasn't a disposable phone. I grab my notepad and jot it down. I put my notepad back in my backpack and take out my wallet. I walk up to the counter and pay for our food before quickly walking back to the others.
They get up and we walk out to my car. I throw my backpack in the back of the car and then walks up to the driver's side. I get in and wait as Tuesday and Scout argue.
I shake my head and honk my horn. Tuesday jumps and Scout turns to me with hate in her eyes. I smirk at her and motion for them to get in. They get in the back of the car and Willow glares at them, sufficiently shutting them up before they could start arguing again.
I drive off and onto the highway. Rhys plugs his phone into the speakers and turns on music. I tap my fingers against the steering wheel to the Twenty One Pilots song. I pull of the highway and onto one of the backstreets.
I park the car and turn around to the others in the back. Scout looks up from her phone and smiles at me. I grab my phone and pull up Google maps.
"So where do you want to do the stake out?" I ask them. I search up the address they had given us and give the phone to Tuesday. Rhys phases behind them and looks over their shoulders at the phone.
"How about on top of this building?" Willow asks. She points to a building and I make the picture bigger. I look over the rooftop and smile. I take the address and search up what the building is used for.
Public library. I nod and pocket my phone. Rhys phases back to his seat and we get back onto the highway. I make it to the library and park the car. I walk in and look around.
The others follow closely behind me, coming in pairs so we don't look suspicious. I see a poster about the roof and read over it. I walk up to the librarian at the check out desk and show her my ID before asking for the key.
She hands it to me and I walk up the stairs, the others right behind me. I unlock the door and step out onto the roof. I sit down near the failed edge of it. I throw the keys to Willow and she locks the door.
They come and sit down beside me and we watch the building next door to us. I take my jacket off and quickly fly down to the place. I walk inside and scope the area.
I walk out and fly back up to the others. I land on the railing and sit there cross legged. They look up at me impatiently and I smile at them. Scout finally looks up and looks at me confused.
"It seems to be a laundromat," I tell them. Scout nods and shows me her phone. She had hacked into the security cameras in the building. I take her phone and look around the place.
"But why would they attack a laundromat?" Rhys asks. I look through everything and try to find a reason. I go to Google and look up laundromats. I look at a website and gasp.
"Okay so apparently laundromats only take the money out of the building once a year. They turn the coins to cash every week. So that would mean that this is probably one of the last days before they deposited the rest of the money that wasn't used for bills," I tell them.
I hand the phone back to Scout and jump off the railing. I check the time on my watch and sigh. Only five minutes. Willow gets up and stands at the railing. We wait for a while just looking around.
Willow suddenly grabs my arm and points to four black figures walking towards the laundromat. Tuesday and Scout stands up, Rhys close behind them. The figures walk into the laundromat.
Rhys grabs Tuesday and Willow and phases through the walls with them. I wrap my arms around Scout's midsection and jump off the building. I set her down on the ground in front of the laundromat. Rhys phases up with the other two.
We walk in and look around. Wyatt holds the girl at the counter at gun point while the two girls with them hold two hostages. Leon starts to go to the back but I fly over and grab his arm. I drag him across the floor and over to Rhys.
Scout and Tuesday run up to the girls and try to get the hostages from them. The girls smile and one of the holds up a gun. She shoots a bullet into the ceiling.
"Everyone freeze or I'll kill them!" She shouts. Blythe walks into the laundromat casually and stands next to the girl who just yelled. I see Rhys freeze and Leon gets out of his grip before walking over to Wyatt.
The girl at the counter shakes violently and looks over at me. I smile at her softly and stay in my spot. Scout glares over at the three girls standing with the hostages.
"Who the hell do you think you are?" Tuesday asks them. The girl with the gun laughs and towels it around in her hand. The guy to the right of her freezes and looks over at her scared.
"Oh me? The name's Cove. And that girl right there, that's Oak," she tells us. Oak looks over at us and studies us. The guy beside Oak looks really unconcerned about the whole situation.
Scout moves forward and Cove brings her gun up to one of the guy's head. She smiles as she pulls the trigger.