Chapter 11

"Wyatt and Leon were the ones who took me to the hospital!" I blurt out. The others stare at me in shock as I gently hold my right wing in my hands. My wings automatically wrap around me as they continue to stare.
"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier," I say feebly. I feel a weight sit down next to me and I unwrap my wings slightly. My head whips as someone slaps me. I gently touch the spot they slapped and stare at them in shock. Well, as much as a person who's blinded by tears can.
I quickly stand up and bolt out of my door. I flap my wings and fly off over the buildings that are illuminated in the sunlight. I look around and see a small forest that I can go into. I fly down and land at the foot of the trees before walking in.
I run through the forest, watching with satisfaction as the trees fly by me. I make it to a small stream and sit down next to it. I hug my knees to my chest and watch as the water flows down the stream. I pant and try to regain my breath. Once I get it under control another feeling takes over.
I feel tears prick my eyes and I hastily rub them away. I sniffle and turn to see a person standing in the trees. I jump up and hold my hands out in front of me. The person moves out of my view and I stare at the spot that they were just in.
"Who's there? Show yourself!" I tell them shakily. A bush rustles and Leon steps out from beside it. I back up slightly and he looks at me with concern, the one thing that I would have never thought he'd be looking at me with. I back up into a tree and sniffle pitifully as he walks towards me.
"I'm not going to hurt you Camdyn," he says, still moving towards me. I look away, mentally grimacing. What a great superhero to look up to I am. My wings wrap around me tighter and he stops as he catches sight of my right wing.
"Did Wyatt do that?" He asks shocked. I nod slowly, unsure of what he'll do if I don't reply. He walks closer and reaches his hand out to touch my wing. I move back quickly, succeeding in bumping my head against a branch. I rub my aching head and stare at him.
"Sorry, I get it. Don't touch the wings," he says. He moves closer but makes no move to touch my wing. I sit down on the floor and lean back against the tree as he examines my wing. He'd probably know more about why that happened than I would.
He plops down on the floor in front of me and rests his head on his hand. He makes little swirls out of ice with his other hand, making them hang from the trees. My left wing tingles as I watch him make the ice swirls.
"So why are you out here anyways?" He asks, concentrating on putting an ice swirl on particularly hard branch. I look at my right wing and sigh at it, knowing fully that it's not going to change back magically, but wishing that it would.
"Someone slapped me after I told them that you and Wyatt took me to the hospital and I had to get out of there," I say blandly. He looks over at me and lets the ice swirl settle down on the ground. It starts to melt but he pays no mind as he stares in confusion.
"They slapped you?" He asks somewhat angrily. I nod slowly. He stands up abruptly which makes me flinch back. He frowns as I flinch and starts to pace across the patch of grass I had been sitting on before he showed up.
"What the heck, I'll-" he starts but his phone rings in his pocket. He answers it and talks to the person on the other side. I debate on whether or not to make a run for it, but he hasn't tried to hurt me yet so I decide to stay. He gets off the phone and looks back over at me.
"I think Wyatt is coming down here," he says. I look at him with wide eyes and he is quick to reassure me that it'll be fine, and under the particularly odd circumstances, I believe him. I tell him everything about what happened with the others, feeling the need to confide in someone. I finish telling him as we hear footsteps running to us. 
"I'm sorry Leon, I'm here-... Now," he trails off as he sees my wing. He walks over to me and looks at my wing. Leon warns him not to touch my wings and he nods. He examines it and sighs.
"I might be able to take it away if I touch your wing, " he tells me. I inhale and then nod, letting him reach out to my wing. I close my eyes and listen as he moves forward, mentally bracing myself.
My eyes snap open as he touches my wing but I soon relax as I realize that he isn't going to break it or hurt it in any way. He concentrates but nothing happens and he sits back in defeat. I look at my wing and see no burn marks, which makes me even more relieved.
While he sits, Leon tells him about what happened with the others when they found out who brought me to the hospital. I see Wyatt glance at the still red mark on my cheek after Leon mentions that part. I cover it with my hand self consciously.
"So where are you staying then?" He asks me after Leon finishes retelling everything. I shrug and look away. I hadn't thought that far ahead, I just needed out of there.
"You can come to our place. We have an extra room," Leon suggests. Wyatt nods and I stare at them both in shock. I start to tell them why I couldn't possibly, but they shut down all of my complaints.
"Nope, your coming with us. C'mon," Wyatt says, grabbing my arm and leading me towards the car. He suddenly stops and rips his hand away from me. I look at him in confusion and then remember that he can't touch anyone without burning them.
"How are you not burnt?" He asks me. I look down at where he was holding onto my arm and see no burn marks. Leon stares in shock too, knowing Wyatt for longer than I have, I assume that this has never happened before.
"It's probably something with my wings. It didn't happen when he touched my wing either," I say. Leon types something in his phone and we walk over to their car. I get in the backseat and Leon hops in beside me. Wyatt drives off and I once again wonder how the he'll this is happening.
"I've been the only one who could touch Wyatt for years without getting burnt," Leon says suddenly. I turn and look at him watching his hands. Tiny snowflakes swirls around his fingers and I watch in awe.
"I think it's because of a reverse effect. I have ice powers which cancel out his fire powers and his fire powers cancel out my ice powers," he says. Wyatt pulls up into a driveway and stops the car. A good sized house sits in front of us.
"We're here, " he says, getting out of the car. I open my door and cautiously walk behind Leon, wondering what the others would think if they saw me right now.
"We live with a bunch of other people, just a warning," Leon whispers to me. I nod and watch as Wyatt opens the front door. I step on before Leon and look around. People sit in a small living room, watching something on the television.
Their heads whip around when they hear the front door close. One of them runs up to Wyatt excitedly as I hide behind Leon, not knowing what else to do and feeling helpless in this situation.
"Astrid made Oak go under mind control again!" The person complains. Wyatt sighs and punches the bridge of his nose. He follows the person away and Leon leads me upstairs.
"We'll introduce you to them later, they can be a lot to handle," he says as he opens a door. We walk in and there's two beds, one on each side of the room and doors that lead to an office and a bathroom. Leon sits down on one of the beds and pats the space beside it. I carefully sit down.
"Do you think that I could try to give you some of my powers, to see how it works?" He asks staring up at the ceiling. I stare at him in shock and wonder how the hell I got into this situation. Finally I nod and he sees it out of the corner of his eye.
I turn around on the bed so that my left wing is facing him. I carefully move it so it lays across his lap. He looks down at it for a minute and then lifts his hands. I turn away and hold my breath.
"Ready?" He asks looking over at me. I nod slowly. He touches my wing a lot gentler than I thought he would. I soon feel the burn of the ice but I keep that to myself. For a while I feel nothing but the cold until it's almost unbearable. I shiver violently and Leon takes his hands away.
"I'm so sorry Camdyn, I thought it would-" he stops and states at my left wing. The tips of it are turning blue and I can tell that my eye probably is too. The cold quickly goes away and I feel somewhat normal again, besides the fact that I'm in my supposed enemies room.
"Wyatt!" Leon yells loudly. I wince slightly at the volume and he looks at me apologetically. Wyatt runs in and sees my other wing. He stops and walks over making the mistake of leaving the door open.
"Who the hell is that?" A person yells from the doorway moments later.