Chapter 13

"So when are you going to go back?" Oak asks while shoving a donut in her face. I shrug and take another bite of my cereal. It's been about a week since the incident and they haven't even tried to find me. Nothing has been going on with the villains either.
I stare out the kitchen window and into the backyard. Leon and Wyatt are fighting with their powers to see who can overpower the other first. I finish my cereal and put the bowl and spoon in the dishwasher.
I walk out the back door and watch from the porch as they battle it out. My hands tingle from the powers that they're emitting. We've been trying to figure out for a while now we're all connected, but nothing come up. I don't even know if I can use their powers.
Finally Wyatt wins and stands over Leon, who had fallen to the ground afterwards. I go over to them and watch as Wyatt helps Leon up. I unfold my wings and stretch them out, causing them to look over at me.
"Still haven't figured anything out?" Leon asks. I shake my head. He paces around the lawn, ice particles fizzing out of his hands. Wyatt looks at him and sighs before going over and pointing his hands out. Leon shakes his hands and the particles are gone again.
"It's not something we're going to find out in a week, it's probably going to take a while longer," Wyatt tells him. He nods and walks back over to me.  Wyatt stands beside him.
"Well, your friends are probably worried about you," Wyatt starts but I shake my head. They would have come after me if they were worried. I cross my arms and stare him down.
"At least call them," he sighs. I shrug and take my phone out of my pocket. I scroll past the missed calls from the others. Wyatt sees them and looks at me. I shrug and delete them for my history.
I go to Rhys' contact, knowing that he always has his phone on him in case the laundromat girl calls him. I reluctantly press the call button and wait as the phone rings.
"Camdyn! Where the hell are you? Are you okay?" He asks. He calls for the others and I stare at my phone in relative shock. I nod but then remember that he can't see me.
"Uh, yeah I'm fine, " I tell him. I hear the commotion on the other line as the others walk in to wherever Rhys is. They all tell into the phone at once and I pull it away from my ear and put it on speaker instead.
"You stupid butt, we we're worried about you!" Scout says over all the others. I chuckle nervously and look over at Wyatt, who's staring at the phone with such intensity it could potentially break. 
"Sorry guys, I just needed to get away," I say, my voice wavering. They all tell into the phone at the same time. I drop my phone but Leon catches it before it hits the ground. I smile at him gratefully. He holds the phone while I talk to the others.
I tell them that I'm staying at a hotel of sorts and that I'll meet them at a coffee shop down the street. They agree and Leon hangs up the phone before handing back to me. Oak and the others walk outside and over to us.
"So you're leaving then?" Blythe asks, already knowing the answer. I nod anyways. Astrid walks over and gives me a hug before stealing my phone admitting her number in. Cove, Blythe, and Oak all come over and join the hug, as do Wyatt and Leon.
I put my phone on my pocket and get out of the hug after a minute. I walk away and spread my wings out behind me. The others wave and smile as I take off. Oak almost falls over from the force of the wind but Not the quickly catches her.
"You're welcome back at any time!" Wyatt yells. I throw him a thumbs up and fly off towards the coffee shop that we agreed to meet at. I land in front of it and walk inside.
I order a smoothie, as I absolutely despise coffee, and sit down at one of the bigger booths. An older couple glares at me when they see me sitting in a huge booth all alone but I just smile and sip on my smoothie.
I see Tuesday's car pull up and park in the small parking lot. The others get out and walk into the store. They order their drinks and come over to my booth before sitting down. I take a drink of my smoothie and watch them.
"We're sorry Camdyn, it was a bad reaction to what you said and it probably hurt you," Willow says. I shrug and take another drink of my smoothie. The waitress walks up to the others and hands out their smoothies too.
"The only thing that really hurt was when I got slapped, but otherwise I'm fine," I tell them. I see Rhys nod and the others look at me sheepishly. We finish our drinks and walk outside.
"So where did you stay?" Tuesday asks, looking around for a hotel. The others look around too but when they see none they look at me confused. I shrug and walk towards her car.
"I don't remember the name of the place. I just stayed there for a while," I tell her. She nods and we get in the car before she drives off to my house. Rhys hands me my keys and when we park I get out and unlock my front door.
There are food wrappers everywhere and stuff strewn about. I glare at them as they walk in and they start cleaning up the mess. I help them out and soon the place looks as if I hadn't left for a week and let my friends live in my house. 
I sit down on my couch and we talk for a while about what they did while I was gone. I feel bad for lying to them about where I was but I don't think that they'd take it to kindly, considering how they reacted from them just bringing me to the hospital.
Rhys still looks down at his phone every few seconds and picks it up whenever it chimes. I smile and cross my arms, watching him with amusement.
"Still whipped for her?" I ask him. He nods, not taking his eyes off his phone. He then looks up and tries to take back the nod. I ruffle his hair lightly and smile. I missed these dorks.
Scout grabs Rhys' phone and runs off to the guest room. He follows her while screaming. I chuckle and look over at Tuesday and Willow. Willow had fallen asleep and was laying over Tuesday's lap. Tuesday glares at the person on her and tries to push her off.
Willow wraps her arms around Tuesday and snuggles closer. I quickly take a picture and then put my phone back in my pocket. Tuesday glares at me and then at Willow. Rhys comes back with his phone in hand and Scout trailing behind him.
I shush them and point to Willow on Tuesday's lap. They shut their mouths and I see Scout smiles devilishly. She goes into the kitchen and I hear her open the freezer. She comes back with a bucket of ice water.
Tuesday picks up Willow and carries her to my backyard. She sets her down on the pavement and Scout holds the bucket over her. She nods to Rhys and he starts the countdown.
"Three, two, one!" Rhys says. Scout pours the water on Willow , carefully as not to hurt her. Willow sits up abruptly and glares at Scout. She holds the bucket in her hands proudly as Willow sits there soaking. I walk inside and grab a towel before throwing it at her.
She dries off and we go back inside. She goes to take a shower and the others put a movie in. Willow walks in halfway through the movie. She sits down and we watch to the end. When it ends my phone chimes. I check the notification and see that it's from Astrid.
I look around the room and see that the others are too invested in fighting about what movie we should watch next to notice me checking my phone. I open her text and quickly reply.
Astrid: Meet us at Kan's Cafe at midnight.
Camdyn: Got it.