Chapter 8

"Camdyn!" A voice screams from the door of my hospital room. They all walk into my room and sit down in chairs beside me. The others ask if I'm okay and what happened while Scout sits there smiling. I lean back onto the hospital bed and answer their constant questions know I am and if anyone still hurts. They finally stop and Scout leans forward.
"So what happened?" Scout asks after a minute of letting the others fuss over me. I look down at my hands and decide not to tell them about what happened with Leon and Wyatt. It was kind of personal to them and for some reason, I really don't feel like betraying their trust like that.
I explain to them what happened in the office and then told them that I managed to open the door and crawl out, where some passersby saw me and drove me to the hospital.
"How did you know I was here?" I ask them. Scout points at Tuesday and I nod. That girl can really hear anything. Rhys lightly hugs me, making sure that he doesn't hurt me.
Willow sits down and looks around the office. She states at something confused and I follow her gaze. A small teddy bear sits on the table beside me.
"Who gave you that?" She asks pointing at the teddy bear. Rhys and others look over and then look back at me confused. I think for a minute before realizing who put it there.
"I don't know. Maybe it's something that the nurses do, " I tell them shrugging. I know that Leon and Wyatt probably had Cove teleport them here so they could put that on the beside table for me.
I unconsciously smile at the small gesture. Willow looks at me confused but decides not to say anything about it. We talk for a while before the doctor comes in and tells me that I can leave.
I stand up and grab the teddy bear from the table and shove it into my pocket. I walk into the elevator with my friends and Rhys excitedly presses the button on the elevator.
I walk to the receptionist desk and we walk to my car. I look at them confused and Tuesday holds up my keys. I smile lightly as I realize my car definitely wasn't damaged. Willow and the others are terrifying drivers and I have never let them drive me around, let alone my car.
I grab the keys from Tuesday and drive back to the office. We decide to go to Tuesday and Willow's house for the rest of the night.  We drive to the place and they open the door and let us in.
We hang out in the living room and watch a movie that they had planned on eating earlier in the day. Rhys talks about the girl at the laundromat and shows us that he got her number. He points out at some point in the movie that a girl looks like her.
I smile and ruffle his hair. He rambles about her and how nice she is and what he likes about her. Scout pretends to be annoyed but I can see her smiling. She goes on her phone and records Rhys rambling. I smile remembering how she likes to blackmail us with stupid pictures and videos so we'd go watch plays with her.
Willow and Tuesday watch the movie but I can tell that they're listening him talk about her. I smile and lean forward on my hands as I listen to him. Eventually the movie ends while he's talking. Tuesday connects her phone to the Bluetooth speaker and turns on music. He finally stops talking for a minute and I take my chance.
"Aw, my little brother is growing up so fast, " I say dramatically and fall back  onto the couch. He smacks my arm playfully and Willow yells 'abuse' from her spot on the couch. I look out the window and see the cars pass by on the highway. I hear Rhys laughs and look over at the the girls.
Scout sits on top of Tuesday and tries to take her phone from her. Willow sits there and eats some goldfish. Tuesday gets out from under Scout and stands up, holding Scout's phone high above her head. Scout glares and jumps up trying to grab the phone.
"Give me my phone!" She yells at her. Tuesday holds it farther up and cheekily smirks at Scout. Scout them does the unexpected. She climbs up Tuesday and grab a her phone. She jumps down and casually walks over to the couch, leaving a very confused Tuesday in her wake.
She sits down and Tuesday shakes her head in disbelief. She sits down on the other side of Willow and goes on her phone. Willow grabs her phone and goes on it as well. I grab mine and see that they're all texting in the groupchat.
"You are sitting right next to each other!" I yell exasperated. Scout smiles and texts something. My phone ones and I check the group chat again. I sigh and put my phone down. I look over at Scout and she laughs.
"Maybe I should text her," Rhys says suddenly, taking out his phone. I snap out of my thoughts and gently grab his arm. He looks up at me confused and I shake my head. He pouts and tries to get his arm out of my grip but I hold onto his arm tighter. I check my watch and sigh. He looks at me confused and tries to pulls his arm out of my grip again but I hear ruffle his hair with my other hand.
"Rhys, it's two in the morning dude. I'm pretty sure she's not up and if she is, she's talking to someone about why her laundromat burned down. You should just text in the morning," I tell him. I let go of his arm and he looks down at his phone sadly. He looks back at me and nods before putting his phone back in his pocket. 
"It's getting late, we should go to bed," Tuesday says yawning. I nod and stand up from the couch. I stretch and follow them into the hallway. I pocket my phone and give the girls a quick hug.
Me and Rhys go to the guest room and the girls go to Willow and Tuesday's room. I put my phone on my charger and get on the bottom bunk. I lay down and hear Rhys get in bed above me.
"Night loverboy," I tell him. He groans and mumbles goodnight back to me.