Chapter 14

I grab my phone and look at my reflection, wondering for a minute if I look good. I shrug the thought off, remembering that I'm just meeting with some friends. A small piece of me wonders if Wyatt would think I look good.
I stop in my tracks. I look back at my reflection and shake my head. Where did that thought come from? I sigh and quickly fix my hair before walking outside.
I quietly close the door, scoffing at myself for taking up so much time thinking about my appearance. I get in my car and drive off to Kan's Cafe. I connect my phone to my speakers and smile as a Cavetown song comes on.
I tap my fingers against the steering wheel and watch the other cars that are driving. I pull off the highway and go past a residential neighborhood. I see the cafe and park in front of it, seeing a couple of other cars already there.
I walk inside and see them all sitting down at one of the really big tables. I sit down next to Wyatt and he hands me a smoothie. I raise my eyebrow but take it happily. Astrid folds her hands in front of her and looks me in the eye.
"We need your help" she says. I take the straw of my drink between my fingers and stir my drink. Cove Dodgers in her seat between Oak and Blythe. I wave my hand for her to go on as I take a sip. It turns out to be strawberry, one of my favorites.
"We never wanted to be in the villain industry. We were blackmailed into it. And we need your help to get out of it," she says. Wyatt nods from beside me and I take another sip of my smoothie.
"Okay, and how exactly am I supposed to help you? " I ask confused. Blythe shares a look with Astrid and I wait silently. Wyatt and Leon share a look and I tap on the table anxiously.
"Okay, you might not like this plan but we need your friends to help too," Blythe explains. I nod and take out my phone. I call Rhys, knowing that I can always get a hold of him. I put the phone on speaker.
"Cam? Why are you calling so late? Also, we're in the same house, " he says sleepily. I run my hands through my hair and explain to Rhys. He seems more awake after my explanation.
"Okay, I'll get them up. But just so you know, Tuesday is going to be grumpy from being woken up," he says chuckling. I laugh and hang up the phone. We walk outside and to a nearby park we had decided to meet up at, since the cafe didn't have a big enough booth for all of us.
I stretch my wings out at the park and fly around for a little while we wait for the others to get here. I wave to Wyatt, who watches me from a park bench. Oak chases Blythe around the jungle gym. Astrid and Cove talk quietly on the grass near where Wyatt is.
I see Tuesday's car coming this way and I land on the ground. Oak and Blythe walk over, exhausted from running around. They park and get out of the car, walking over cautiously.
"It's like we're in some kind of cult," Cove and Willow point out at almost the same time. They state each other down and cross their arms. I shake my head and smile.
Tuesday walks over and they all start talking about the plans. Cove and Willow finish their staring contest and join in. I sit down on the bench next to Wyatt and smile at the congregation.
"Okay. So here's the plan. We team up and go to the place where they have the blackmail. We take the blackmail and then erase our crimes from all the databases," Astrid says authoritatively. Scout nods from beside her.
Cove leans on Leon sleepily and a faint blush covers his cheeks. I smirk at him and he shakes his head but makes no move to push Cove away. Wyatt snickers from beside me.
I think of something and hand Wyatt my phone. He takes a couple of pictures of them and then makes himself a contact. He sends the pictures to himself and then hands my phone back to me. I look back at them and see that Cove is almost asleep.
"So when are we doing this anyways. It seems some of us haven't had the optimal amount of sleep," I point out, looking at Cove specifically. She looks up abruptly and smiles sheepishly. He stands up straighter and Leon looks disappointed.
"Tomorrow evening sound good?" Blythe asks. Everyone nods and we all start walking back to our cars. Scout and Astrid talk about a TikTok dance and I roll my eyes. Willow and Cove fight over who is more of a rat and my eyebrows furrow in confusion.
Everyone seems to be intermingling between groups and I smile. I say goodbye to Wyatt and the others. I walk back to the cafe and get in my car. Rhys and Scout following suit. I drive back to the house and park.
We go inside and sit down on my couch. Willow and Tuesday get there a couple minutes after and they all look at me expectantly. I smile sheepishly and shrug.
"So you were with them," Scout says. I nod. I have never liked lying to them about the others and it's nice I don't have to anymore. She shakes her head and smiles at me.
"They're pretty cool," Willow says. The others agree and I smile. To think that they had all hates them not even a week ago. The others out in a movie and they fall asleep one by one. I stay up, excited for our mission tomorrow.
I email Ms. Lemon about what's been happening. I don't expect her to see it until morning. I look at my phone and see that it's past three. I sigh and try to fall asleep but I can't.
I walk into my bedroom and sit on my bed. I lean back against the headrest and decide to call Wyatt. I go to his contact and press it. He answers almost immediately.
"Hey Cam, can't fall asleep?" He asks. I chuckle. We talk for a while and I fall asleep as we talk on the phone.