Chapter 4

"We are not doing this today," I groan staring at my phone. It finally stops ringing and I set it back down on my desk. I go back to printing the file on Blythe. The phone rings again and I sigh loudly as I pick it up.
"Hello," I grumble into the phone. I click print and the printer in the other room starts printing my paper. I get up and tuck my wings behind me so I don't knock anything over.
"Oh don't hello me, you know what day it is!" He screams into the phone. I wince and quickly pull the phone away from my ear. I take the papers from the printer and walk to the counter beside it.
"Yeah, I know what day it is," I reply bluntly. I put my phone down on the counter and turn it on speaker. I grab a file from one of the cabinets and start designing the front of it.
"It's all your fault. They wouldn't have died of you hadn't been such a child!" He yells gruffly. I wince slightly. I was a child. I turn back to my work and put the papers into the file. I grab the file and turn to grab my phone.
"Oh come on Camdyn. It's time to realize that it's always been your fault. They'd hate you if they were still alive," he hisses at me. My hand wavers in mid-air. The file falls out on my hand and back onto the counter. 
"You're so stupid. Why can't you just-" I slam my hand down on the counter and he shuts up. My eyes sting with tears. I hear him laugh on the other end of the phone and I grit my teeth.
"Dad can you please just stop!" I croak out. I sniffle and wipe the tears from my eyes. I rest my head on the counter next to the file I had just made. My hands pull at my hair and my wings twitch behind me.
"Aw, you're a fucking crybaby too? What man cries?" He remarks raggedly. I take my head off the counter and stand up shakily. My hands immediately go up to my eyes to wipe away the tears.
"Please stop," I reply feebly, backing away from the counter. My hands shake beside me. My legs give out and I fall to the floor. I curl up into a ball and cover my ears.
"You're just a mistake Camdyn!" He rasps, his his voice muffled by my hands covering my ears. I move back slightly and hide beside the table. I rest my head in my hands as he continues on his rant.
"Stop! Please just stop!" I yell, my voice chocked with tears. My wings wrap around me but at that moment I want nothing to do with the dark. I scream loudly and try to move. I pull at the strands of my hair as I hear footsteps run into the room.
"You killed your mom and brother Camdyn," He says. I hear the line cut off and I scoot closer to the table. I hide inside my wings and childishly hope that if I can't see them that they can't see me. I try to regulate my breathing better and eventually get it to calm down slightly.
I feel a hand rest on my shoulder and I flinch back instinctively. The person sighs and sits down in front of me. I wipe at my eyes and slowly unwrap my wings.
"Hey Camdyn," Rhys says. Tuesday sits on his right and Willow on his left. Scout sits on the counter beside my phone and the file. I watch as she goes through the messages from that morning.
She looks up at frowns. I shrug and stand up from my spot on the floor. I run my hands through my hair and fix it. Tuesday looks just as worried as Scout does. She probably heard the whole thing.
"Sorry for interrupting your work," I tell them. I go to walk back to my office but Willow grabs my arm. She pulls me around and looks me in the eyes. She shakes her head.
"Yeah, no. We are going to do something fun today," she says pulling me out of the office. The others trail behind her. We walk over to Tuesday's car and she opens it. Tuesday and Willow stay outside and talk for a minute while me, Scout, and Rhys sit in the car.
I look in the mirror and wince at my reflection. I wipe my eyes again and sigh. I guess I'm going to look like shit all day. Tuesday sits down in the seat beside me and turns on the car.
She turns the radio to the station I like and drives off. I see Willow whispering something to Scout and Rhys but I can't hear. I see Tuesday smile as she listens in on their conversation.
After ten minutes or so she pulls over into a gas station. Rhys gets out and puts a blindfold over my eyes. He phases back in and Tuesday drives off again.
My wings twitch slightly. I hear them slap something and I apologize profusely. Rhys and Willow laugh as Scout groans in pain. Tuesday snickers slightly. I tuck my wings behind me and keep them there so I don't hit anyone again.
"It's fine Camdyn. I know you can't help it when you're anxious," she reassures me after she recovers.
The car stops and everyone else gets out. I start to get out but Willow tells me to stay in my seat. I want for a couple minutes before the trunk opens. They get back in the car and Tuesday turns the radio back on. Shh e drives off and we sit in the car for about half an hour.
The car turns and parks in a space. The ignition stops and I hear my door open. I unbuckle my seatbelt and wait. Someone takes my hand and leads me out of the car.
We walk for a while and I follow them blindly. They suddenly stop me and take off my blindfold. I wince at the brightness a nd let my eyes adjust. When they do, I look around. 
We're at a huge canyon that you can climb through. I turn around and see the others carrying backpacks. I look back at my wings and sigh before holding my hands out for a backpack.
"We know how hard it is for you to carry one so we have stuff for you in ours," Tuesday tells me. I nod gratefully and we start going through the canyon.
We go through the canyon for a while, occasionally stopping rest and eat. We make it to a lake and we sit there and feed the ducks for a while. Rhys and Scout talk about how small the ducks are while Willow and Tuesday talk to each other about what they're going to do with the extra room in their house.
I lean against a rock and watch as they talk and bicker. I smile and whisper thank you. Tuesday turns around and smiles at me. Rhys and Scout get up and we start walking back the canyon. We make it back, slower than before.
I spread my wings out when we get out of the canyon. I told them behind me and turn back to my friends.
"Thanks guys," I tell them happily. The whole time we hiked I didn't think about what had happened earlier in the day. They nod but then Rhys beams in my direction.
"Oh it's not over just yet," Rhys says. I look at him confused and we walk back to the car. We get in and Tuesday drives back to work. We get our stuff out of her car and get in ours. Willow walks over to my car and I roll down the window. 
"Follow our car," she tells me. I nod and roll up my window. She walks back over to her car and Tuesday drives off. I follow them and they pull up to my house.
We get out and I unlock my front door. Rhys and Scout plop on the couch and Tuesday puts a movie in. I lean against the arm of the couch as the movie starts. I keep my wings away from the others so I don't hit them.
Tuesday walks out to her car and grabs some stuff. She walks back inside with her hands full of junk food. She sets it on th coffee table and then walks into my kitchen. She pops some popcorn in the microwave and pours it into a bowl.
She sets that on the table and I watch as everyone goes for it. The rest of the stuff is left for me to take without a fight as I don't like popcorn. I take some gummy bears and eat them before they start fighting over the other food too.
We eat the junk food and watch a couple of movies. About halfway through the third one I get off the couch and grab some blankets and pillows. I hand them out and make myself a bed on the floor.
I curl up into the blanket and watch the rest of the movie. Tuesday puts in another one and I fight to keep my eyes open. I eventually give up and snuggle into my blanket